Okay, Who's going to King of Prussia with me? (I'm Back! Post 52)

Roli

Oh Sakurasaku, we'd love to see you there! I hope that the fashion show and dinner is not sold out. It seems that this will be the highlight of the weekend.:yay

I don't think I can afford it this point in time...I just moved and had lots of expenses...:( But I hope you girls have a fabulous time at the conference, and I can't wait for your reports!

Have a great time. I'm sure it will be a blast.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK you must think I am stupid, but i didnt know anything like this existed! I asked my husband how far it was from Washington DC, trying to give him the hint that i would like to go!:blush:devil

Sparkles! How could I forget you?! I had you on my hard copy but neglected to add you to the list here. I'm so sorry for the oversight. The new revised list is as follows:

Roli

Artemis

AndiM

Red883

MBT

pplCrochets

JPR54

Sparkles

And scc51055, we'd love to have you join us. As far as I can estimate, your drive will be about 3 hours, give or take a few minutes. It's very near Valley Forge. :yes It will take me about two hours from the MD/PA line.

Hi, scc51055, I used the randMcnally site to look it up; from the top of the beltway around DC, going up I95, it is about 134 mi. they gave travel time as 2hr 47min.

hope this helps

Well, I just went to check the cost of reservations, and I am having serious reservations (the other meaning) about going. I did find a Days inn at Pottstown for $51/night (plus local taxes, however much they are) which looked pretty feasible for driving time to the convention center (15-20 min). The reservations were one of those special 'net deals that aren't cancellable, and it really made me think. I started adding things up - $175 or so for three nights, classes for 4 days ($170/day), plus gas there, around, and back ($50) and realized that I just couldn't justify the expense since there is so much I have yet to try and learn here online and in the crochet magazines. (Of course, just having spent two weeks in Turkiye had something to do with justifying further costs for vacations this summer.... :eek)

For instance, one of the classes I most wanted to sign up for was to learn the mitered tunisian squares technique (Magic Mitered Squares) - and the Crochet Fantasy that just arrived had quite a spread on it. (gleefully experimenting with it now!)

I hope artemis will forgive me for asking for a nametag without first checking the practical aspects of attending the conference :worried:embar

I know that there is so much to see and learn at the convention that I can't do any other way, and maybe I'll be able to go a different year. Do they move the location of the summer conference every year, or can I look forward to King of Prussia next year?

Do they move the location of the summer conference every year, or can I look forward to King of Prussia next year?

I'll ask it a different way....Any idea where it's going to be next year?

No way could I make it this year...but if I knew a 9 months to a year ahead of time, maybe I could convince DH that we should take our vacation there.

'course I'd love for it to be at King of Prussia next year. We have an interest in the American Revolution. I have an ancestor who fought at Valley Forge.

I'm sorry you both won't be able to go this year. I'm sure that they change the venue each year and may even switch back and forth between the east and west coasts.

It's not cheap to attend the CGOA convention but my husband, Paul, has insisted on visiting EVERY presidential library in the U.S. Since we began RVing, we've visited all but two of them. The admission to the libraries isn't much but the investment in time is. I've been very supportive in that whole venture so I guess he figures that I deserve to go someplace that I would enjoy. :yay

my husband, Paul, has insisted on visiting EVERY presidential library in the U.S. Since we began RVing, we've visited all but two of them. The admission to the libraries isn't much but the investment in time is. I've been very supportive in that whole venture so I guess he figures that I deserve to go someplace that I would enjoy. :yay

Compromise: the sign of a good marriage!

I hope artemis will forgive me for asking for a nametag without first checking the practical aspects of attending the conference :worried:embar

It is no biggie. The only problem is we will miss not having you with us!

I'm not one of the "regulars" on here but I do pop in from time to time and would love to meet up with you all if you'd like. I'm attending all the extra-curriculars (fashion show, dinner, etc..) so if you're arranging to sit together and have any room please keep me in mind. If not I totally understand. Let me know! :)

I'm not one of the "regulars" on here but I do pop in from time to time and would love to meet up with you all if you'd like. I'm attending all the extra-curriculars (fashion show, dinner, etc..) so if you're arranging to sit together and have any room please keep me in mind. If not I totally understand. Let me know! :)

You bet! I PMed you some information about my name and hotel. I know Roli and I are doing the extras, and perhaps some others, so we'd love to have you with us.

What days will you be there?

Tracy1cg, we'd love to meet you! I don't know if we'll have assigned seats for the dinner but I'll try to find out when I get there on Thursday. There's a cash bar before the dinner. Please approach one of us (we'll be wearing the Crochetville logo) and introduce yourself. I don't think I'll be doing much advance bidding on those bras they'll have at the silent auction!:lol I should just be wandering around looking perplexed with a glass of wine in my hand!:lol

Sounds great! I'd love to meet up with you both for dinner. I'm not staying anywhere as I live close by so please PM me with any meeting places etc.

I just sent you a PM with some info to help indentify me. Hope to see you there!

Tracy :)

Tracy1cg, we'd love to meet you! I don't know if we'll have assigned seats for the dinner but I'll try to find out when I get there on Thursday. There's a cash bar before the dinner. Please approach one of us (we'll be wearing the Crochetville logo) and introduce yourself. I don't think I'll be doing much advance bidding on those bras they'll have at the silent auction!:lol I should just be wandering around looking perplexed with a glass of wine in my hand!:lol

Roli, you'd look fantastic in some of the Bra-vo bras I've seen on people's website. You'd best bring a few extra $$$ in case you change your mind. If you don't like any, then you can buy a second glass of wine!

I was reading Drew's blog this AM as well as another one written from conference. They don't say which hotel they are staying in but said there were some serious hassles when checking in...room not what was reserved. Have to stand your ground a bit. Hmmm. We'll see what happens at our hotel, but forewarned is forearmed!

My bag is packed. I'm off to take my morning walk, then dress and off I go! Flight is at 9:15 this morning. Up, up, and away!

I live very close to the Valley Forge/ KOP area. It's about a 15 to 20 minute drive for me to get to the convention center. I am attending this year on Saturday and taking a knitting class. (Shame on me. Lol.)

I attended this event last year as well. This year and last year they held two of them and they were both in the same locations as this year. One in Oakland California and one in Valley Forge/KOP Pennsylvania.

Knit & Crochet Show

http://www.knitandcrochetshow.com/

I just emailed them to find out the locations of the shows for next year (2007) and they replied that the dates & locations have not yet been finalized.

For the person who was considering Pottstown to stay in...

Pottstown is about 40 minutes from KOP depending on traffic. Hotels in KOP would be closer as well as any hotels in Valley Forge or Oaks. (There is a Hampton Inn off of 422 at Oaks and it would take about 10 minutes to get to the convention center.) They are also building a hotel in Royersford right off of 422 as well that should be finished next year. That would be 15 to 20 minutes from KOP as well. Something to keep in mind if they hold the convention at the same place next year. (422 is the main highway/road that the convention center is located off of.)

For the person near DC...

There is another series of shows called "Stitches" that are for knitters. Even if you do not knit they are nice to attend for the marketplace alone. This fall there is one in Baltimore. Perhaps this is closer to you? For everyone else... This show has three yearly locations: one on the east coast, one on the west coast and one in the midwest. They also have a couple of "camps" as well as some sort of knitting getaway trip every once in a while (last year it was to Ireland).

Stitches Events

http://www.knittinguniverse.com/xrx/events.php

Questions?

If you all have any questions as to what the shows are like, etc. you can email me at karmah (at) comcast.net about it. I went to the KOP show last year and the Stitches East in Atlantic City in 2005.

Oh, Anne, I'm so glad you are back! I have missed your wit! I remember you blogging about your adventures last year! Can't wait to hear about it again! :hug

I went to the conference yesterday- July 14th

unfortunately I missed seeing roli and artemis

but I did have a chance to meet Drew-the crochet dude-

I will post picture this evening-

I was disappointed in the number of vendors in the show-

many of the items for sale were expensive and since i haven't been working i didn't buy anything-

my favorite booths were from

dodo's- very beautiful crocheted hooks

copeland glass-buttons

shawlpins-

jelly yarns-this was a totally differt type of "yarn" not too difficult to work with a larger hook

I was there too! I'm surprised that there weren't big name yarn company vendors there. I've never been to the convention, so excuse me if I seem inept. I just thought I'd see more of that. Otherwise, I had a great time. I drove from Jersey and had a flustering ride there, but left at 1 am and obviously got back quickly.

Archived