Hat: Half Looped

bythehook

Hello! :wave I have a pattern I'd like to share with you. If I did this right, all you have to do is click on the picture and it will take you to the pattern.

th_ab2ae697.jpg

Oops! I forgot to say, I posted the pattern at the Crochet forum on About.com too. I hope this is ok.

I'm glad you like it, Rebecca. You'll need to use much smaller hooks than I did to make it small enough for children, but, it's do-able. Chemo hats are exactly what I was thinking when I designed this hat.

Guest stormync23

Where is Knightdale? I live in Burlington which is near Greensboro. It's always nice to meet state mates!

I love that hat. I am going to try to make it for my hat club where we make hats for cancer patients!

Question:shrug When you start the chain 10 for the loops, which row do you start on? row 12 or row 25

Thank you, I'm glad you like the hat and I'm thrilled you plan to use it for cancer patients.

Question When you start the chain 10 for the loops, which row do you start on? row 12 or row 25

Complete row 25, then ch 1 and turn, then sl st in that last sc you just made, then ch 10 and sl st in the same sc. You'll have sl st, ch 10, sl st, all in the same place. Does that help? Let me know if you have more questions.

Once I got to the end, I realized what to do to start the chain 10 loops. :cheer I used a G hook to make the hat and for the first few rows it seemed to buckle and wave but after a few more rows, it straightened out.

I have 3 rows of loops so far, I am doing every other sc instead of every one. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll post it tomorrow.:clap

Ok I have tried 2 times to post a picture of the hat I made but it doesn't show up. I copied the image address from photobucket and pasted it here. And it showed a box with a red x and >B

:thinking2 Do you have the HTML button selected in the formatting section of your post? Did you see the instructions on adding photos? Here's a link to the "how to's" on this site, just in case you haven't seen them before. :bigsmile

p084.ezboard.com/fcrochet...ID=7.topic

I really, really want to see your hat. :bounce I'm excited that you made it already.

Okay, I noticed that you used the ezcodes to post the picture. For some reason it doesn't seem to work. I'll check on ezboard to see if they're aware that it's not working right. So, here's what you can do...

When you're in your post to edit, under the formatting choices choose the HTML option. Now you can enter the photo address as <!--url{0}-->  If you

Hope this helps. :)

OK here goes again, hope it works this time.

I was afraid I was going to run out of dark purple thread so I did 2 rows on light purple loops. I did a total of 4 rows of loops. Do you think I need to add more?

half_looped_hat_2.jpg

Archived