Which would you do?

I've got a party to go to Saturday night - my neighbor's only son's 18th. If I don't go, they'll all come over here and string me up by my toenails. :lol

I was sitting here browsing through patterns (of course! :lol) and got it in my head to make myself something to wear to the party. Something quick - of course! - but something nice would be... well... NICE! :lol

So I'm sitting here thinking about what yarns I have in my stash, and I'm sure I could find enough to go together to make something.

But the question is, what do I make? I was planning on wearing my long black peasant skirt with my black sandals, so any color would be good. I'm pretty much in the middle between a poncho and a shrug. But obviously, I only have 2 days in which to make whatever it is I choose.

So what would you do if you knew you only had 2 days to make something and would gladly wear EITHER a poncho OR a shrug???

A shrug would be nice. Tepperwear has a nice one that I was able to work up in one evening. It is a gorgeous pattern. :D

I like the idea of a shawl as well. I think they are always so elegant and classy. Though, I realize you didn't select it as on option. So, with that in mind, I say shrug! (Out of curiousity, what color are you thinking of going with?)

A shrug would be nice. Tepperwear has a nice one that I was able to work up in one evening. It is a gorgeous pattern. :D

I just went searching for it and found it. Unfortunately, the pattern as written is about 5 sizes too small (and I'm NOT kidding)

How the heck would I change a pattern from a size SMALL to a size 3X????:think

As for colors... I'm not EXACTLY sure. I just know I have enough yarn in my stash that I could come up with SOMEthing.

Okay, did a little more searching. What do you guys think of maybe the Mrs. Who/Fluffy Pink Shrug? Maybe done in a lacy stitch? It's pretty warm here, and while it DOES get chilly at night (and this party will be at night, of course), I don't need anything too heavy.

Okay, did a little more searching. What do you guys think of maybe the Mrs. Who/Fluffy Pink Shrug? Maybe done in a lacy stitch? It's pretty warm here, and while it DOES get chilly at night (and this party will be at night, of course), I don't need anything too heavy.

I think that's a great idea. If I remember correctly (and she can correct me if I am wrong) I think Tepperwear used those schmatics for her shrug so you could actually change the size to match you if you want. Just a thought.

Yes, definitely a shrug. Ponchos are fattening and out-of-style now.

A pink shrug with a black skirt? Sure! Pink looks good on most women and tends to give a youthful glow to the skin ;)

I know it wasn't an option, but I would also choose a shawl over either a poncho or a shrug. Not because shrugs aren't cute, they are. But shawls seem more classic and versatile. Just MHO, of course :)

I too am on the shrug kick. If you're a fast crocheter, the Mrs Who shrug should work fine for you. Tepperwear's shrugalicious is similar to the Mrs Who, but is constructed a bit differently.

Another idea would be to make a shawl - you can take the ends and tie them behind you for an instant "shrug", or tuck them under a belt in front for a similar effect, and it would probably go much faster to make.

ETA - of course, this advice is coming a tad late, typical for me! I will be interested in seeing what you came up with!

Gosh.. with two days to go and if it were me... I'd do ummm... a hair scrunchie :P ..

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I love it when I laugh out loud when I read an entry.

Thank you!

Well, what I ended up with was a half-made shrug... which I obviously couldn't wear.

Of course, it doesn't help that I only THOUGHT of the whole idea TWO days before the actual EVENT!!! :oops

I'm gonna finish it, though... I have been extremely curious about how one of these would look on me. Hey... if I don't like it, I can always frog it and make one of those seraphina shawls I've been panting over. :lol

Archived