Pretty Shell Shawl

suttygirl2005

Well I finished my own pattern to my Pretty Shell Shawl. Under Crochet Help I asked for a few testers to try my shawl pattern to see if it would come out with them and Kari sent me her pic of hers half done looks good and she said it was fun and easy.

Here is a picture of mine finished. The black dot on it is my camera it moves in all the pics. Here is a picture which will also be on website along with a few more.

sutbut.jpg

IMG0093.jpg

All the details and pattern are on my website on my original patterns page.

I was so excited about doing this. I am going to try my hand at designing a poncho next.:clap

OOhh I like that shawl. :cheer Is the pattern on your website? I have been looking for a shawl pattern. I need a shawl to wear to church on days my outfit doesnt have a jacket or sweater to match. It is so cold in my church. Your pattern looks like just waht I need! :clap

Barbara

Guest SamplerLady

Gorgeous and congrats on designing it yourself! Doesn't that make it even more special? :) :bigsmile

Oh Sutty it's really beautiful! I'm still working on mine.

Can't wait to get it finished!

a5e6a954.jpg

Finished It.

I decided to not fringe or add a fancy edging.

Another picture on my blog... The pics don't do it justice though.

That looks great! You know what I've been thinking? I dont have a manequin to throw the shawls onto to take pictures, and unless my husband takes a picture of me wearing the shawl, then the only other option really is to hang it on a hanger and get a picture of it - but then you see right through it and it's not solid enough of a background. Anyhow, what I've thought might work is putting a solid color shirt on the hanger first and then putting the shawl on it so you can see the shawl pattern better. That might work better than placing it on the hanger alone. :shrug Just a thought :)

Thanks Kari I love it you did such a GREAT job on it. I like it without finge or border and it is bigger then mine and I like that. I ran out of the yarn I was using so it had to be trimmed and it is kindaq small which means I will have to find someone small to wear it. Are you keeping it for yourself or giving it away? I am going to post yours on my website! Thanks sooo much for helping me.:clapSutty's Crochet

Archived