Coonskin Hat Kinda - Well Received

crochet smartcat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Catlizg

Looks just like the real thing slinking across the back of my yard right this very minute. That is hilarious and quite creative!

ROFL!! OMG that is funny! He came out great!

I, too, can't imagine how he could possibly be offensive. Priceless!!!

Please tell us how hubby liked it! He should really model it for us!!

Wonderful!!

:lol :lol It's so realistic and adorable. Just be careful if he wears it outside; he might attract a suitor. Can you see him being chased around by a lovestruck possum? :think poor little critter would be so frustrated:bang

The possum hat is so cute. You are very creative and I love your sense of humor. By the way, I am an animal-lover to the extreme. I do not eat any meat, fish or poultry. I think your hat is a riot!

I do understand about garden-wrecking animals; we have plant-picking squirrels by day and destroyer-raccoons by night. I can relate to your husband's frustrations and feel his pain, especially over those creatures of the night. This morning, my birdbath fountain was knocked over and broken. I always take a morning stroll out back to see what havoc has been wrought while I peacefully slept (except when the coons are fighting out back).

Lol - that is the most realistic looking little possom hat I've ever seen! You did a great job - I think it would almost even fool a possom!

As far as being offensive, I'm thinking you might be remembering the "road kill" thread. I don't remember possoms being involved specifically, though they do frequently end up in that starring role.

Even though I live in a city, I did actually see one of those critters wander into my garage one night (I keep the small door ajar so my kitty has access 24/7 to keep the mice population under control, learned that one the hard way my first winter here when I found the mouse condo complex behind my gardening equipment, lol). I hit the remote for the big door to open and ran out to shoo that critter out, but I never saw him again. :think I always wondered if he was laughing at me from the rafters or something! :blush

Most critters wandering through my yard don't bother me or Meeps, except perhaps for one I've seen a couple of times. You know the one, with the familiar white stripe across the back? Yeah, THAT one! Fortunately, he was just waddling through, whew!

That hat just looks sooo cool on your dh! What a fun thing to make! :cheer

Archived