Purse handles in Canada

tinkerpuppet

I was looking for round purse handles for a fat bottom bag that I'm working on. I bought mine from Michaels, but they had very few to choose from. Walmart only had one kind available. But today when I went to buy the lining, I went to Fabricland, and they had a bunch of different kinds! Including some cool ones made of thick beads.

So just a heads up to anyone searching for handles, definatly check out Fabricland. I know I never would've looked there first.

i saw some there also but they were rediculously priced. i am not going to pay 20 bucks for purse handles when i could buy a new purse at walmart for less and just cut the handles off (which by the way isnt that bad to do if you find an ugly purse with nice handles for cheap or clearance)

I had forgotten about Fabricland. I got some bamboo handles there several months ago, during one of their weekend sales for half price. I hadn't noticed any other styles then, but might check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

I agree, I saw them at Fabricland too and all I could think was that at Michaels I could at least use a 40% off coupon!! :devil

I also love the idea of using the handles from another purse...even one from a garage sale or thrift shop!!

i saw some there also but they were rediculously priced. i am not going to pay 20 bucks for purse handles when i could buy a new purse at walmart for less and just cut the handles off (which by the way isnt that bad to do if you find an ugly purse with nice handles for cheap or clearance)

Snugsmontreal, that's a great idea about buying a cheap purse! I'll have to keep my eyes open. But I didn't find that the ones at Fabricland to be any more expensive. The plain ones I got at Michaels were $10, and the ones at Fabricland were $10, but only $5 if you had a membership (which I don't). Maybe it was a clearance or something.

Now to watch for ugly purses with great handles!

Snugsmontreal, that's a great idea about buying a cheap purse! I'll have to keep my eyes open. But I didn't find that the ones at Fabricland to be any more expensive. The plain ones I got at Michaels were $10, and the ones at Fabricland were $10, but only $5 if you had a membership (which I don't). Maybe it was a clearance or something.

Just so you know...you can use anyone's membership card. So if you have a friend with one...or you want to share one with someone. You just have to have the card with you...I used to work there.

I get a lot of purse handles at thrift shops...throw out the purse. Look at macrame hoops. You can make your own handle by stringing wood beads on heavy wire. I bought wooden beads after Christmas alternated them with fancier ones (I have got to get a camera!) I put the plain beads under the bag so that the fancies made more handles. Thanks for the tip about Fabricland; I'm going to check out other fabric shops as well. Have a great day, eh!!!!

Archived