Tip On Fat Bottom

Hi,

Found easy way to make pattern for the lining. Fold piece in half..small ends together..you will have half with a fold. Trace that half. When trace pattern onto lining fabric make with a fold line..that when you cut out you will have whole piece. Hope I explained this alright. Think this would be easier than trying to trace whole piece as doesn't lay flat.

Take Care

Joyce

Yes, that's kinda of what I did. I traced the whole bag and then realized that my pattern was not symmetrical. I then folded the pattern in half and cut it so that both sides were the same. When I opened it up I checked it against the bag and it was a perfect fit. You just were a titch smarted than me and folded the bag to begin with.

• 2 months later...

She's saying instead of laying flat to trace around the purse, fold in half short end to short end and trace around. Then cut out the pattern and lay on a folded piece of fabric with the wide end at the fold.

Honestly I think it's pretty easy to trace around the bag laying 'flat'. You don't need it to be perfect really and you only need to do it once, then save your pattern if you plan on making more purses.

:)

Thanks for that tip.

Question: Are you sewing the lining onto the bottom (fat) part of the bag before you crochet on the top part (the part that makes the bag gather)?

I've already finished two of the bags but I haven't lined them yet. I'm thinking I may frog the top part to line the bottoms. Otherwise, it must be really hard to get those gathers correctly and then sew the whole thing in???

Joan

Archived