pattern books find

I hope this is the right place to post this. :manyheart today I visited a thrift shop near my home and I found Annie's Attic books 1 to 33......:cheer fifty cents each. there was seventeen knitting books......:cheer fifty cents each. English Bazaar books Ten of them.... :cheer fifty cents each....... I spent just over forty dollars on fifty cent craft books and the shop threw in a full set of Laura Ingall's books for free:manyheart :hook:manyheart I was so bummed out last week because I got rained out at the farmers' market. I feel like I stole these magazines:devil I felt so guilty that I came home cleaned out a closet to give them a donation...a couple of bags of clothing will ease some of the guilt. I can't get Annie's books here in Canada so this truly is a treasure trove for me. I may not be able to sleep at all tonight because I will be reading my new books. Sorry to crow but I couldn't keep this to myself.

• 2 months later...

I priced a new set of Laura Ingalls Wilder books a few months ago, the cost (here in S.W. Mo.: $85.00) I say pat yourself on the back and enjoy what you should consider a double bonus. after all some slick salesman would not lose one moments sleep in an effort to fleece you. moonspinners is absolutely right; one persons garbage is another persons gold. you just hit the jack-pot, twice!

P.S. Mrs. Wilders museum/homestead is only a hop, skip, and jump from me; (Mansfield, Mo.). sadly I have not had the financial wherewithal to visit. it's on my to-do list still after all these years. I love to read and re-read her books.

You did not “steal†those magazines; you donated $40 to charity!!! And don’t feel like you are “crowingâ€, we all love to hear about fellow crafters’ fantastic finds! Congratulations and enjoy your treasures.

wow, thats awesome, what a find you got, you didn't steal them think of it this way, you helped make a sale for them and that put their budget ahead by what you spent hehe great job hon:yes :yes

Archived