Guest SDAMOT

Flamenco Wrap

Guest SDAMOT

Hi all!

I crocheted this piece a WHILE ago but just now got my butt in gear and wrote the pattern. Actually, it's more of a formula than a pattern since you can really use any yarn at any gauge, though I recommend something with some drape and that is fairly light.

Here's a picture

onBack.jpg

You can get the pattern/formula here:

Flamenco Wrap

That's really pretty! It looks like it can be used as a shawl too. Thanks for sharing the pattern with us. :hug

Guest SDAMOT

Oh, you could aboslutely wear it as a shawl. It's actually on display at the LYS from which I got the yarn and they have it up as a shawl.

It's actually quite easy to make, as well. I've done another piece just like it, only double and with a different border and wear it as a poncho. :D!

It's beautiful Marnie! :)h

Very cute and SEXY!

Love it! :)h Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup

Guest SDAMOT

Thanks all. I hope if any of you get an urge to make something I designed, that you send me pics so I can place them on my blog :rock

:pump :pump

I read your blog and think you're one of the most gifted young designers today. Please keep sharing :knit

Margaret

I've been wanting to do this pattern for a long time! I finally got some yarn for it yesterday, printed out the pattern, and sat down to play.

Alas, I got completely confused by the instructions. :think

The pattern says:

"With crochet hook and yarn, make a chain a little longer than desired final length. Make sure the total number of stitches is a multiple of 4+1

Turn

Row 1: *Ch 5, sc in 4th ch from hook* across

Turn"

I understand about the first part (making the chain), it's just the Row 1 instructions. If I follow those as I think I should, I never actually put any stitches into the original chain. From looking at some other patterns, and the pictures, should it be "*Ch 5, sc in 4th ch from starting place* across" (since you're supposed to make loops?)

Any advice is appreciated! :)

That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. My daughter wants me to make her one now :-)

hugs,

stacey

What a beautiful wrap, the edging is really beautiful......you make beautiful patterns......and you look great in them! :hook