If You Need a Gift for A Teenage Girl

I highly recommend the "knot ugly shrug" from the Happy Hooker book.

I wanted to start on some Xmas presents and I wanted to do make shrugs for my 3 teenage cousins...but nothing was appealing to me. Then I remembered the "knot ugly shrug". yay!

It is so FAST! I started Thursday night and except for assembly and edging, I finished Saturday. This was while also working on a knitting project. The pattern is incredibly easy and really cute made up. I used Wool of the Andes in "hyacinth" for this one, the other 2 will be in black and brown WOTA.

The only caveat: I made gauge BUT my measurements were coming out 2" smaller than the diagram so I made a "medium" instead of a small. It is still off a bit but blocking should do the trick.

Of course my brain is churning out the idea of making it longer for me:lol

I love that pattern and have made several for dd and friends. Like you, the guage was right, but for some reason the final sizing was off, so I stick with the medium size, too, and it all works up fine. And it is the quickest garment I have ever crocheted -- only 2 days from start to finish. :-)

I made this for my sister--she bought the yarn, and it was just luscious. I think she really likes it. I liked making it, but also had problems with the gauge/size thing. I ended up using a bigger hook and it worked out fine.

I too thought making it longer so I could make one for myself.

Nicole

I just hope that you don't have the same problems as one of my friends when she knit a sweater with WOTA! It pilled so horribly for her. I hope that doesn't happen with your shrugs! :eek

Archived