Do your Pets love your work???

...My 65lb Bulldog thinks I crochet to give him something to sit on while I'm working a piece. (I think the Lazy bum was actually thrilled when i picked up this hobbie) That was fine when I was just working washable yarn, (My neighbor told me to throw the work in the dryer...worked great). I just started a project with a hand wash only dry flat yarn...any suggestions on getting dog hair out of your more delicate work? :think

:manyheart He's my only "Child" he's owned this place for 3.5 years...I know kicking him off my lap is only going to work for about 5 minutes...and then I'll be right back at it again.

My cats do that to me all the time. They are always trying to bite the yarn when it moves and take off with it...it's so funny to watch them do that. Then when working on an afghan and I put it down to get up for something one of them is always jumping right and laying down on it. Hubby says it's because they love me. lol

Oh I LOVE, love, love bulldogs! English are my favorite but I also adore American Bulls, and Staffies.

I have a 95 lb. long coated Rottweiler and he pretty much ignores me when I crochet and knit...until he thinks he deserves some lovin' then I'll get a huuuuuge paw on my knee:D and up he comes!

But absolutely everything I make has these loooooong, fluffy black hairs crocheted/knit into them.

Yes they sure do! They are always trying to sit on my work or lay on it....I think they are trying to leave their smell on it...The cat is always in my face when I want to crochet.....she acts like a stranger all the other times!..And she loves to chase the ball of yarn around.....

I have a cat - Miss Lilah - who loves yarn - we were destined to be together!!

Whenever I'm crocheting or knitting - I always have a decoy ball of yarn for her to play with - usually that keeps her from playing with "my" ball of yarn. Every now and then I roll up her ball so she can start all over with it.

Everything I make has some of her in it - I say it brings good luck to whoever receives the item....

Pat

What a great point you make Pat! All the work that I gave to my family for this past X-mas...despite my best efforts, had a little piece of Angus in it. It seems that was actually the personal touch eh? And when it really comes down to it...I'd NEVER give my work to someone that didn't love and know me enough to appreciate the personal touch of my animals hair in thier gift....You gotta love it!:manyheart

http://www.members.aol.com/shellybrook/Angus.jpg

I think it is so sweet that they love you so much that they want to lay on your work! I don't think you can ever get all the hair out. Heck, I know I even get MY hair in my work sometimes!!:lol :lol

how funny :U yesterday my 1 cat "jinx" decided he should hook his tail in my work on the table......got mad, beat it up and tried to take off.....well till he was done my hubby had to reroll a super saver redheart ball for me after we untangled it from the table and chair legs, the dog.....which ran around very confused while stuck in this yarn her brother put on her... and the other 2 cats thought it would be fun to chase the already tangled yarn also ........what a mess!!!!!!!! but funny o my was i laughing........now i put it all int he basket even if i'm just going to the ladies room.......

I have 2 black & white :cat No matter what I do the hair shows up. Whenever I sit to crochet Sam thinks it is time for her to get in my lap and be petted. Zoie gets up on the couch to make sure the yarn doesn't get away from me. It is a lost cause. There is always hair in whatever I make.

I generally will either wash or fabreeze the article in case someone is allergic to cats!

I just finished unravling a skein of tangled up yarn my puppy got a hold of.....he's such a bum! I'm lucky he didn't bother with my rows though. :clap

There's a photo of him posted on my blog for your viewing pleasure...LOL....if Blogger will ever publish my blog...lol....

What a darling dog! We have a lab/terrier mix who is the sweetest (but most timid) dog I've ever seen. I think a lab's good nature is almost unbeatable, although I recall a lot of chewing (my fake oriental rug no longer has fringe) when she was a puppy. She was also partial to crocheted coasters, but at least they are fast projects.

I have 2 black & white :cat No matter what I do the hair shows up.

I think that mine do targeted shedding, so that they make sure they get the wrong colour hair onto things!

One of my kitties likes to carry balls of yarn away in her mouth, like they're her babies. She hides them under the lounge, or under tables, or down beside the piano, so I get yarny surprises when I clean the house :P

My bulldog, Princess, doesn't care for my work. Her fur loves to find it's way in to it though. My cat, Spike, loves to play with my work. He thinks it's his job to chew the yarn for me.

princessspike1xy.jpg

The dogs here love crochet... they have lots of dogs coats. They seem to thing everything I make is a dog coat. My dog Lucy likes it because it means she can curl up on my lap and it's more likely that I'll stay put long enough for her to maybe take a nap ;)

They get very excited in the mornings when it's cool when I mention dog coats, they definately appreciate them :)

Archived