Have you seen this? Painting with chain stitch!

Whoa, I kinda hoped it wouldn't be too amazing, so I could keep my envy down, but now it's overflowing. That really is amazing! *drops dead with envy* :eek :eek

That's AWESOME!!! :hook

Side note: am I the only one who wished they would show a close-up of the "paintings" so we could see the stitches?? :D

That IS Amazing! And I wanted to see the stitches tooo.....guess because we all crochet the stitch is important to us....for others just making paintings with thread is enough to be interesting!

How lovely. While I certainly haven't tried any thing that ambitious (embroidery floss!), I have made floor mats & wall hangings using tambour crochet. It uses an open weave fabric & slip stitches. I leaned from a rug making book using latch hook canvas & worsted weight yarn. More info here:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art21743.asp

Alosha:)

That is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing something so interesting with all of us! I love having people point out amazing talent like that to me!!

That's AWESOME!!! :hook

Side note: am I the only one who wished they would show a close-up of the "paintings" so we could see the stitches?? :D

nope, i would have too...

:) Well, Good Morning! I am finally feeling comfortable with the internet.

I would like to say crocheting and creating pictures out of thread is a work of genius and patience.

That is one thing I would like to pass on to everyone here at Crochetville. Since I recently joined, I have been treated so well. It is one big happy family with extremely talented people. Sometimes, I just pop in and start reading. Some of you ladies know how to bring a smile to us.

Everyone have a great Sunday and try out alot of these beautiful patterns that our members put on site.

Take care,

Betty from Lytle Texas:c9

Good googly that is some amazing work!! Hmm, since my attention span only lasts 2 or 3 years at a time for any hobby, guess I will be doing this a couple of years down the road because I have got to learn. And that bag in the link is beautiful, and at $25 is a steal.

That is awesome to say the least! When I was a teenager I use to make drawings, I had a pair of jeans that unraveled from the bottom of my pant leg something fierce, so I would pull the strands off my jeans then take elmers glue and put that around my drawings and place the strings from my jeans on them. Wish I would have kept some for myself, but I gave them all away to friends.:D

Wow. I am totally gobsmacked. Wow. Ok I have to stop saying Wow.

Maybe Whoa.

Actually I was thinking this is a great combination of crocheting and embroidery. I was constantly pricking myself with the needle when I embroidered and I have sausage fingers, so finding a thimble that fit? Uh-huh. Sure.

But this. Wow. :drool

That's beautiful stuff!

The first image looks especially intricate and colourful. I have never heard of embroidering with a crochet hook before, but as a painter and newbie crocheter I find Caroline Roussel's work really exciting! Thanks for posting the link.

I wonder just how tiny the hook is?

Archived