Crocheted Box

Here is a crocheted box that I made....For each side you have to crochet two pieces..sew them together and then stiffen them with cardboard or plastic mesh to give them some strength, insert it between the two pieces that you have sewn together and then close up the final side....then crochet your box together! Don't forget to make a bottom as well. It is best not to make them too big as they get flimsy.....this one is used to hold my sons' Playstation2 Games

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/DKousmat58/Crochet/DSC05631.jpg

That was the one I used... it looks like she edited it (maybe, I'm new could be wrong.). But I love the box idea. I've never made one and could use one for a candy dish on my desk at work (thought about doing one in a variety of colors for un and seasons and holidays).

Thanks.

Debbi

What a cool idea. I might just have to make one for my sons' PSP games LOL!! I'll show it to him and see what he thinks. Thanks for sharing that!

Tina

In Morocco we buy yarn in a special way....all yarn comes on gigantic spools like the yarn sold for knitting machines.Then we buy as much yarn in as many strands as we like...by putting 4 strands together I can approxamate a 4ply yarn....by mixing and matching I can come up with some interesting combinations....this one was made with 4 strands of fire engine red and 4 strands of royal blue and 2 strands of black....you can get a similar effect by useing 2 4ply yarns together and then add in two strands of sports weight yarn. It sounds like a lot of yarn and it is! But you want this chunky and thick, it is stronger then

Wow what a great idea for the boxes, and what a great idea to ply your own yarn. Ladychrochat you work is loveley and...

I WANT TO COME TO MOROCCO!!

Ooh, that is a nice box. And so are your wall tiles, and so is that table

I was going to say the same thing! The box is a great idea.:)

Thank you everyone is so kind...thank you for all your interest.....it was a stash buster....just trying to get rid of yarn that I had left over from making the family mittens last winter!:wbrr

Thank you everyone is so kind...thank you for all your interest.....it was a stash buster....just trying to get rid of yarn that I had left over from making the family mittens last winter!:wbrr

does it cold enough to wear mittons in Morrocco?

Yes it can get very cold in Morocco in the winter....There is skiing up in the mountains and we live right on the Atlantic so there is always a brisk wind coming in off of the ocean! There are photos of my hometown in my Photobucket below!

Ooh, that is a nice box. And so are your wall tiles, and so is that table. :manyheart

Cuddlefish took the words right out of my mouth!

When I saw the walls and table, I thought, "Where does she live?"

Then I saw Moracco!

What's it like there today?

Archived