Thread Designers?

This is a forward of a forward that I received. Anyone out there?

-----------

Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:44 AM

To: Dena Lenham

Subject: Crochet designs with Kreinik

Hi - I wanted to put out a design call for crochet designs using Kreinik threads. I got an email from Diane Simpson of Quick and Easy Crochet (published by DRG), who is looking for designs for the magazine.

The challenge, though, is budget. Very few magazines these days seem to have money to pay for new designs. That stretches manufacturers' budgets, too. I am going to be honest with you, I don't know what we can pay, but we are interested in exploring the possibilities of working with Diane and designers to bring some fun new projects to crocheters - using Kreinik threads, of course.

If you are interested, I would suggest contacting Diane at email vidisim@gmail.com to see what her editorial schedule is right now, to see what kind of designs she is looking for. If there's a way to use Kreinik threads in a design - to be oh, so chic and trendy, easy to use, great gifts, or heirloom, but not too much (our metallics and silks can be too expensive for, say, a garment) - then we can get together to discuss Kreinik sponsoring the design (or splitting design fees).

Spring is here, so this is a great time for new ideas to bloom! Spread the word to other crochet designers, too. This could be a great opportunity for all of us.

Regards,

Dena

Dena Lenham, Creative Director

Kreinik Mfg. Co., Inc.

Email dlenham@kreinik.com

• 6 months later...

Interesting. I designed a hair scrunchie,,I have still to share the pattern, if I will ever get off here and go find it. Anyway, the thread isnt kreinik, but it is thread.

• 2 months later...

Two questions: Where does one find the threads, and two has anyone attempted getting ahold of this lady?

I'd love to turn in some Bootie design patterns just to start off with. The money part right now should not be the question when one is just starting out in designing, at least that's what I was told by a lawyer. He suggested getting the first couple of designs small in size out, and get your name and products out there, then upsize. Then you will have people making offers to you. Anyway that was what I was advised.

But don't give them the pattern rights for copyright. You make sure your name stays on it, and you keep the ownership. That way they cannot sell your pattern to someone else and make money off your hard work.

Good luck ladies and gents

Archived