Another Question...

:thinkI CAME ACROSS THIS SITE LOOKING FOR A PATTERN THAT A NICE PERSON FOUND AND SENT TO ME.

I WAS LOOKING FOR CROCHET PATTERNS I THINK AND THIS SITE CAME UP. AND SO MY QUESTION IS, HOW DID YOU HAPPEN TO FIND THIS SITE:bounce :blink (CROCHETVILLE)?

If you mean how did we find Crochetville, then I'd have to say I found it pretty much the same way as you.

I was doing a search for a pattern - I can't remember what now - and Crochetville came up in the search engine. I started looking around and decided I really liked it.

I actually lurked around for a while before I made the move of officially joining and posting, though.

But I'm glad I did. :hook

I found it because my friend who informed me about this yarn infactuation of hers, and who has since been shedding light on the mysteries of yarn and new stitches for me, told me about it. :lol

I was a member of a crochet email list, and other members were also Crochetville members (in addition to the email list). I had heard about it several times, and checked out some individual threads that were linked, and I really liked the format here (how it's both centered on Crochet, but built around community, so there is a place for tangential/getting to know you conversations), and joined!

A great move on my part, if I do say so myself :wink

Google is a wonderful thing and can lead to amazing places, which is how I found Crochetville. I lurked around the older board for a long time and signed up soon after they moved to this board. :yay

I found Etaria first...and just :drool myself silly over her patterns...so I bought a few and got to talking with her...and she asked me if I was a Cville member...and I said Nope...and then promptly joined here and as one of E's testers :lol....so it was a very happy little coincidence that got me here...THANKS ETARIA!!!!

Jessie:D

I found this site through Rachels Crochet Pattern Central. A pattern I was looking at was posted here and I started browsing and before I knew it I was addicted to this place! Rachel, it's all your fault! :devil

My sister joined and then told me about it. I wasn't a crocheter at the time but I was so impressed by the things she was making and then the things I saw here, I bought some books, hooks and yarn.

And so here I am. It's a great place and a great craft.

Thanks, Claire!

I found this site through Rachels Crochet Pattern Central. A pattern I was looking at was posted here and I started browsing and before I knew it I was addicted to this place! Rachel, it's all your fault! :devil

You know, that very well could have been how I got here. I just remember searching for a pattern, I don't remember exactly HOW... and I KNOW I found Rachel's site a looooooooooong time before I found this one.:hook

I had just learned to crochet in Nov and I was looking for a place to chat about crochet. So I did a search and this site came up on my search. I hope one day we will get the chatroom back. Theresa from NC :cheer

I was looking for a crochet "show & tell" and this site appeared. It's as much fun as a real get together without all the hassel ........ no driving, no certain time, no fees and the doors are always open. Who could ask for anything more?????

:yay:yay:yay:yay

:hug:hug:hug

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

On annies attics message board. Someone there mentioned this site. I lurked before I joined and like the set up, the community, the friendship, the info, etc., and after reading for a while (so I could sounds somewhat intelligent) I joined.

Debbi

My husband found it for me! I was feeling kinda down and not interested in much and he found this 'group of people on the internet that like to crochet' so I started looking at the postings and saw how nice everyone is and that you don't have to be a super fabulous crocheter to be part of this group (even though there are a LOT of super fabulous crocheters here)! Now I come here every day!

I was searching on line for a shawl pattern....I googled :google"crochet shawls" and I found HollyM's beautiful shawl.....but then I started to look around this place....I lurked:lurk for a few days then I introduced myself -and I just love it here:manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

I found this through Crochet Pattern Central, through a pattern listed there. I took some time to join, and have still not managed to post a single project, but I love reading it.

Rachel G is reponsible for me as well! I have gone there - Crochet Pattern Central, for sometime now, and then one day while looking for a ruffle scarf pattern, got lead here!

What a great find! .... and I have lived happily ever after in my little crochet haven.. :manyheart

Archived