Tapestry crochet purse/bag

dolphin

I made this after seeing this Carol Ventura pattern. I thought it was really pretty, and decided to try one using a different motif. And this is how it came out. I used some left over baby wool from the shawl I did, and some denimy look wool I bought at a charity store.

floralbag.jpg

That's a pretty intricate motif. I was always under the impression that Carol Ventura's patterns were mostly stylized Indian type designs. Your design is beautiful. You are a talented artist for sure.:)

Beautiful job! I'm jealous because I'm too lazy to get started on tapestry crochet. I have Carol Ventura's first book, so maybe some day...

Dolphin, you did a beautiful job! Way to go! I just love how you were able to use some yarn that was left over or found in a charity store and turn them into a beautiful work of art. :cheer:hook:clap

Thank you all for the lovely comments. :c9

Julie, the motif, I just did a quick graph. On the bag, it doesn't really look anything like it did on the graph, I think, because with the tapestry crochet, it tends to 'push' the motif slightly to the left or right depending where the start of the change over colours go. Not sure about that though as it's only the second one I've tried. I made the little cat bag from Carols pattern and gave it to a work collegue as a retiremement gift and she loved it, then saw the horse one, and had a go at a motif myself.

I might try a more colourful motif next time, it might use up some more scraps of wool I'm loathe to throw out even though they're tiny LOL.

Archived