Crochet Mary Jane Slippers

Kathleen

Thanks!! I didn't want to make them to find out they were a size 6 lol. Having a general starting poing will really help me.:))

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Kathleen, your slippers are sooooooooo cute, I only joined over a week ago and am looking at some of the older posts. Yours is a winner, Thanks for such a cute slipper, my favorite color is red and I will be making these. My foot is an 8 so I'll add a row or two. :hug Maria

• 2 months later...

I could seriously pee myself, I'm so excited by those!! Last year I wanted to make a pair soooo badly but couldn't find any. Then my bf's mother gave me a pair for Christmas! I love them but they weren't terribly durable, so I'm excited to try my hand at your pattern with some better yarn. :clap

I found your pattern off of your blog, but I have a question as to how the pattern works:

When I'm doing rows 4-17 and working in rounds, it seems as if I'm just getting this narrow, almost tube like, form. Part of me doesn't think that's right, and so I'm doing something wrong. Am I just mis-reading it?

Otherwise, I really like the way the slippers work, and I can't wait to make them! Your help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to thank you for your pattern .This was the firdt pattern that I have ever done and I adjusted the pattern to fit me because I am a size 9 I di not realize until todaythat all I had to do was increase rows in certain areas, but I was able to pull it off cause I used a smaller hook and eyeballed and frogged my way through. But today I come and see that all I had to do was add more rows in certain area. But they are almost done I just need to add the straps and hopefullly will post pic soon.

so if i wanted to make these for say my 10 month old daughter.... how much would i have to adj? have you tried that at all? sorry if i'm annoying! :blush

Here is a link to baby Maryjanes I have made lots of these before and the pattern is a good one for your daughter just adjust the hook size smaller and you will see in row of soles measure to your daughter feet you'll get the idea.

http://members.tripod.com/patt_m-ivil/pattscrochetcreationsandmore/id8.html

• 2 months later...

Super, super cute pattern. I've never seen one for mary jane-style slippers before. I'll definitely be giving these a try.

Thank you for sharing the pattern!

~Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived