28" Cluster Stitch Doily

vatonc1

Here is a pic of my latest doily, the pattern is from an old issue of Old Time Crochet. It is also found here.

I used Baroque and a size 6 hook and once blocked it is approximately 28" (which is quite a bit larger than the 22 inches in the pattern- thanks to the larger hook).

PICT1237.jpg

ok...I just redid the link..see if it works now :)

Yea, what Daisy said! :eek That is amazingly beautiful!! Which issue of Old Time Crochet? I think I only have two of their magazines left. (Are they still in print?) :think I want to make one now. Thanks for sharing that with us, it is gorgeous!! :clap :clap :clap :clap

(Um, the link didn't work) :think

Tina

(Um, the link didn't work) :think

Tina

Hopefully it will work now :)

Yes!! Thank you so much! I love this doily. I have it bookmarked now. I was looking through all your other doilies on your blog, too. They are all gorgeous!! :manyheart You do really nice work.

Tina

Beautiful...Beautiful...Beautiful!!! How long did it take you to make it? Just think how lovely that would dress up a round, skirted, table. It's so big.

Beautiful...Beautiful...Beautiful!!! How long did it take you to make it?.

Hmmm... I think it took about a week of working off and on (I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old) so I mostly crochet while doing other things (cooking dinner, waiting in the car, etc) LOL:hook

That is so PRETTY!!!!!!! What size thread did you use? .

Thanks, I used Baroque by DMC, which is a size 10, but it is slightly thicker than many other size 10s. It could definately be made closer to gauge, but I purposely worked a tad looser( & used a bigger hook, etc) just as a sort of experiment LOL. I was curious to see if the design would be compromised (and look sloppy, etc), but in the end, I am quite pleased with the results :)

Wow, that's a BEAUTIFUL doily :manyheart, and you did a GREAT job on it! :clap Thanks for providing the link, now I want to make that! My to-do list just keeps growing and growing and... :hook

Archived