lol, another silly question....:-)

Ok, what's the weirdest, or silliest thing that's happened while driving? for me there's a couple.

Once I was at a stop light, waiting for it to change. this little old lady stopped at the light, in the turning lane. She was so tiny, i'm surprised she could see over the steering wheel. She was just staring straight ahead, not looking anywhere, when all of a sudden, her car starts creeping backwards! She didn't move, and kept staring straight ahead! It was kinda strange. A car pulled up behind her and had to back up quickly before she hit him. I was nervous, so I just booted it outta there when the light changed.

also, once going to the store, there was this man, just walking in circles, in the middle of the road. I was kinda scared, because it looked like he was on drugs. The light was red at the intersection, so i had to wait there. But, after i was at the light, he continued to walk in circles in the middle of the road.

I'm sure i'll come up with more. DH used to ask me why it was always me that had adventures, when i was just going to the store. Nothing ever happened when he went.

It's not something that happened to me while driving, but I learned to drive on my ex-boyfriend's 78 Chevy Caprice with 8 cylinders. This thing was a boat. I am about the size of an average 11 or 12 year old. I could barely see over the steering wheel and my friend used to tease me that all he could see from outside was my knuckles when I was driving that thing. :lol

I guess this might not really be strange, but it's funny.

Where I used to work, we closed at midnight on Saturdays. So, it was about 12:30 one night when I finally got to go home, and boy was I ready to go. To get onto the freeway to get home, I had to make a right-hand turn at a light. This particular light was a no-right-turn-on-red one, and it was horrible about staying red for long periods of time. So, I'm sitting there waiting for my light to turn green. And I waited. And I waited. And...well, you get the picture. Finally, after the other light had turned green three - count 'em, three! times, and mine *still* hadn't turned green, I decided, screw it. There was one more car coming on the freeway in the direction I was going to go, so I waited for it to get past, and then I ran the light.

It was right after I had pulled onto the freeway that I noticed the lights on top of the other car. Yep...I had run a red light and ended up right behind a cop. :blush He slowed down to get me to pass him, and needless to say, I got pulled over. Fortunately, he was cool about it and just gave me a warning. It was awhile before I told my mother about it, but we laugh about it now. I think I was actually laughing about it the next day.

The funniest thing that happened to me was while I was on vacation a few years ago in Alabama. I was with both my parents and my aunt was driving. We were going for ice cream, which is my aunt's favorite food. We were driving down the road and both my aunt and my dad thought the saw the turn in for the place, they were wrong we ended up sitting in oncoming traffic. My aunt goes ahead and turns into the ice cream store by driving over the curb and sidewalk and stopping perfectly in a parking space. The people outside the place looked at us like we were nuts.

We still get tickled about it now.

One of my silliest things happened when I had to guide my mum when she was driving in my town. I'm usually on my bike, so that's how I know how to get around. I didn't realize how differently the city has to be navigated through by cars, before I had confidently guided her through a buslane, which is strictly prohibited to cars but okay for bikes. She fumed quite a lot over that one, but we also laugh about it now. :lol

Archived