An Inspired Lace Scarf

woolandflax

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!! I'm so glad you all like it. Tiff, it actually only takes about 2 1/2 balls of the cotton twist. So you'd have enough to make 3!! It is really drapey and soft. In this cotton though, it does need to be blocked. I didn't have time before I took the pic and had a hard time getting the fans in the border to lay down.

~Rebecca

• 2 months later...

Rebecca, this is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful pattern! How long did it take you to make the scarf? So pretty!

:book Raquel

Thanks so much you all!! I just love seeing the pics of your scarves, they are beautiful!! hmm...how long did it take me? well if i hadn't run out of yarn 7/8 of the way thru, i would have finished in about 3-4 evenings.

• 1 month later...

I saw this wonderful bag created from a Japanese scarf pattern at craftser.org. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39389.0

I immediately thought of this great scarf pattern and the ginko scarf http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7724

I don't need any more scarves at the moment but now I have a use for these patterns.

Thanks.

EugeneClarence

WOW! What a clever idea that is! I have always admired Rebecca's Inspired Lace Scarf now even more so!!!! Just think, a matching bag & scarf set!!! What a great Christmas gift that will be! Thanx for sharing that link to the bag and thanx to Rebecca for the scarf pattern! :manyheart

Saw this and just couldn't resist trying it, especially since someone said they made it in Simply Soft and it turned out nicely ... and I had one lonely leftover SS skein just begging for a project ... so for the next week or so this is my when-I'm-sick-of-working-on-my-daughter's-afghan project (she begged for an afghan, BEGGED, but not granny squares, mom, ick! No, ripple is too old-fashioned. Ewww, not strips, that looks dumb. Finally I quit asking for approval and just started crocheting using a tried-and-true pattern I've used for baby afghans in the past. Very pretty, but I've done it so many times it's b-o-r-i-n-g). Anyway -- I have to say that when I finished the first motif for the scarf I looked at it, and turned it and looked at it again, and scratched my head and wondered what I'd done wrong; I just couldn't picture it. 3 motifs later I laid them all out on the sofa and wow, suddenly I can see it! Can't wait til this is done; if it turns out half as beautifully as the ones in this thread I'll be making several for Christmas presents. I'm in awe of anyone who can create a pattern for something this lovely.

Lani

Lani - I laughed when I read your post. When I made mine I thought exactly the same thing. I almost frogged the first square because "that couldn't be right?" I, too was pleased to discover that it was really going to work out!

Good luck and don't forget to post a pic!

Archived