8 color royal ripple afghan

PaulaMI

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it! I love ripples maybe cuz that's what I learned how to crochet on... I don't know. Anyway, you did a great job. I like the popcorn or bobbles in it, too.

Tina

Whoa!.......It's beautiful! Three cheers for the gorgeous job you did! :cheer :cheer :cheer and for the patience it took to finish it! :clap :clap :clap

I agree...that's very beautiful!!!! I love the popcorn stitches or bobbles or whatever they are.....adds such a pretty look and texture to it! My daughter wants a ripple blanket......this one looks like a good one to do. Is there a pattern online for it???

Thanks everyone!

The pattern is in here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0848715136/sr=8-10/qid=1149559709/ref=pd_bbs_10/104-7755426-0602335?%5Fencoding=UTF8

It's called the Royal Ripple.

I used Bernat Super value yarn. The colors were burgundy, medium rose, light rose, pale rose, navy, medium navy, light navy and pale navy. I used a size H hook as per the pattern but I would recommend an I to make the single crochets looser and the afghan wider. Weave in the ends every few colors or it will become hard to work with... lots of weaving with this one :) Also the supervalue skeins have a lot more yarn than the recommended type of yarn in the pattern. I have lots of extra in the colors so I'm making a 2 granny square afghans out of the extra yarn, I'll post pics of them when I get them done in a month or two.

I'm thinking of doing a royal ripple in sunset colors next winter :)

So pretty! There isn't even the slightest chance I could have put together that many colors that went together so well...I'm jealous :)

Archived