Any one know of...Yarn Bee and Baby Bee

lindamb296

first, hello all....I'm new and really excited to find crochetville.

I'm trying to find the home page for the manufacturer of yarn bee and baby bee yarns...anyone know it?

I'm also trying to find free patterns for women's clothing (shrugs and tank tops or summer tops) and baby patterns (using baby bee yarn).

grateful for any help:sher

I can help you with Yarn Bee. It's a Hobby Lobby yarn line so you have purchase it from Hobby Lobby or on eBay from some sellers...

However you cannot order from Hobby Lobby online as of yet... Hope this helps...

I've used the Yarn Bee yarn for one project. I really like the feel of it, and it works up nicely. BUT the three skeins that I crocheted together into a shawl were not the same color, even though they were clearly marked with the same dye lot. One (the one in the middle, of course :sigh ) was a much lighter color than the other two. I emailed Hobby Lobby, and they promptly replaced the yarn with new skeins, which made me happy with their customer service. Now I'm frogging the shawl :2frog and making hats out of it. It comes apart quite nicely, btw, especially considering that it's a really fuzzy yarn. I haven't tried the new yarn yet, so don't know if the matching is better. Hopefully that was a one time thing. :yarn

Echoing what donnalynn2 said, and on Hobby Lobby's site there's a link to Crafts Etc., which appears to have some Yarn Bee yarn. I've never ordered from them, though, so I don't know how good/reliable they are.

I placed an order with them in December. Having bought just a few skeins in O'Fallon IL while visiting my parents I fell in love with Yarn Bee - Frosting.

I hopped online when I got home & they were running a free shipping offer - So I stocked up. I got my yarn very quickly. I'll definitely order more if I don't get a Hobby Lobby near me soon.

OMG I wish I had Hobby Lobby here in MI...*cries* my good friend sent me some of the Yarn Bee stuff and it was sooooo wonderful to work with...

Robin

There are 11 Hobby Lobby stores in Michigan with #12 coming soon according to their store locations page. To get a list go here and click on MI on the map. While you're at the website, you may also want to sign up for their weekly ad emailed to you - there is a coupon every week, with every other week's coupon good for 40% off any one item. I usually print off several and visit my local HL over the course of the week for one skein of yarn/thread at 40% off whenever I can pull it off budget-wise. Plus, they frequently have sales of 50% off the entire Yarn Bee line too. The variety and selection has exploded over the past year!

My favorite "Frosting" color is Polar Icing. It's this neat variegated blue, black, white and gray.

I also like Baby Bee "Lambie Pie" and "Peach Fuzz." Both are really soft. I am lucky enough to have a Hobby Lobby about 5 miles away. For those new to Hobby Lobby, they are closed on Sundays.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have used lots of their yarns. Some good some not so good. I have had the same problem with same dye lot not matching and knots in skeins BUT they were very prompt in replacing what I had for it. I think it islike any other sometimes it is just hit or miss.

I just finished making an afghan for my mom with their Highland Thistle yarn. I did have some problems with knots in skeins and the fuzzy part coming off the yarn, but I cut them out... Mom loves her blanket. :) It's soft and worked up pretty fast, not to mention I just really like the names for that yarn.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I sell Yarn Bee on eBay and my store Crazy-Anything.com. There is another lady who is a frend (in eBay world :-) and she sells tons of the yarn in lots. Each auction of both of ours are always at least 3-7 skeins. My eBay store is emtcen and my store is Crazy-Anything.comhttp://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmickeystoontown and my friends eBay id is mickeystoontown eBay ID is my friend through eBay and she is VERY helpful and understaning as well. I will be writing a review guide for eBay about soft to rough yarns. Sooooooo if you are still intested check her stuf out at :http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmickeystoontown

I fell in love with Yarn Bee Hollywood yesterday--it's beautiful. Kind of vintagy and dreamy. However, I have no idea what to do with it so I didn't buy any.

Right now, it's $9.99/skein at Hobby Lobby, so I'm trying to figure out what I can do with 1 skein! I'm not much into scarfs, so maybe cover a very small pillow? I just want to see how it works up (crochet and knit).

Anybody ever work with this yarn?

I fell in love with Yarn Bee Hollywood yesterday--it's beautiful. Kind of vintagy and dreamy. However, I have no idea what to do with it so I didn't buy any.

Right now, it's $9.99/skein at Hobby Lobby, so I'm trying to figure out what I can do with 1 skein! I'm not much into scarfs, so maybe cover a very small pillow? I just want to see how it works up (crochet and knit).

Anybody ever work with this yarn?

One thing to note is that HL puts their yarns on sale quite often. So just wait for a sale. You could save up to 50%.

I h ave not tried that particular yarn, but I have tried others. Just be careful when looking because some of the yarn is hand wash only and if you are making a baby garment or something, you need to keep that in mind.

:manyheart

Archived