Teaching Triplets

As an auction item for the school my son goes to, I donated a learn to crochet class. Today I taught the class to a set of triplets going into 7th grade. They caught on really well and each had a project when they were finished.

We learned the basics of chain stitches and single crochet, and then we did those stitches around the straps of flip flops. One girl put on pony beads with fun fur, another just used a chunkie yarn, and the last had just fun fur. They were pretty proud of themselves when they had finished.

It was fun to be able to show the girls how to do something that is so near and dear to my heart. I hope they continue to learn how.

It was amazing to see the end product. And it made me feel good that I could do something for the auction that benefits the kids.

Linda:cheer

What a great idea for a donation, it doesn't cost anything, and you got to pass on a wonderful talent. Glad the girls were old enough to catch on so quickly. Hopefully they'll find the hobby as enjoying as you do.

Today, in the mail, I received a very nice thank you note from the girls along with a picture of each girl's feet modeling their great flip-flops that they had made themselves.

It made me feel very good.

If I knew how to use the scanner, I would scan the pictures and post them here. Each pair is just adorable. The girls really had a good time.:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Linda:cheer

Archived