Ruffled Scarf - *Edited for corrections!

Ok, instead of always lurking I thought I might contribute my one and only original pattern, so here goes...

RuffleScarf.jpg

Jody’s Ruffled Scarf

(Copyright 12-24-2004)

(Corrections made in red, 10-06-2005)

WW Yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft)

Hook Size J

Row 1: CH 15, DC in 4th ch from hook, DC in each ch across, ch 3, turn (12 DC)

Row 2: DC in 1st st, BLDC in next st, *DC in next 2 st, BLDC in next st, repeat from * 2 more times, DC in last st, ch 3 and turn.

Row 3: DC in 1st st, FLDC in next st, *DC in next 2 st, FLDC in next st, repeat from * 2 more times, DC in last st, ch 3 and turn.

Repeat rows 2 & 3 alternately until scarf reaches length desired, finish off and weave in end. The unused loops should be forming 4 vertical rows the length of one side of the scarf.

Working the length of the scarf, starting at one end. DC 5x in each of the unused loops of the first row of loops, when you reach the end finish off and weave in end. You should end up with a long ruffle row the length of the scarf. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 rows of ruffles.

Ch: Chain

DC: Double Chain

BLDC: Back Loop Double Chain

FLDC: Front Loop Double Chain

*For a looser ruffle, use this alternate:

Row 3: DC in each st across (12), ch 3 and turn

(This version you end up with the loose unused st from BLDC only on every other row)

This pattern was originally posted with a Back Post/Front Post stitch and it should have read BACK LOOP and FRONT LOOP Double Crochet. I apologize to anyone who has attempted this pattern already.

This is really nice! I've added it to my "t-paper" list (might be starting a new roll pretty soon... :D! ). Very original, nice job!

Very pretty scarf, love the color! I absolutely love your avatar!!! I am a BIG Wizard of Oz fan myself. It is my favorite all time movie! :heart

Very pretty! I'm printing out the pattern and starting one of these this afternoon to add to my Christmas gift stash. Thanks for the pattern!

Lene'

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks so much for sharing your "Ruffled Scarf" pattern. It's very pretty and is added to my "to do" list! :hook

• 2 months later...

Archived