Butterfly Wing Shawl

HollyM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This little item is definitely going on my shopping list this week at the MD Wool and Sheep Festival. What a absolutely beautiful piece. And there is no need to tell anyone that it was so easy. Gotta love those mindless projects.:clap

Penny

This is such a gorgeous shawl and I hope to make it after my current projects. I think after using inexpensive yarn for my first five projects, I can now graduate to better quality fancy yarn for this shawl.

I would love to see photos of this shawl made by other people. Many have written that you have already completed your own butterfly shawl...

Let's see it......:hug

Elizabeth, Are you using the same pattern that is posted on the #1 thread or do you have another one? I recently made a triangle shawl from a pattern on another site and it came out too skimpy. I am going to take it apart and start all over. Yours looks more fuller and substantial....Thanks in advance...:yay

this is the pattern at the top of this thread.. i think the choice of yarn makes a huge difference.. the purple one i used homespun.. the other i used three yarns .. the peach was a cotton boucle.. the pink is a thick thin cotton and the multi is a thick thin cotton rayon..

Hi Holly,

I'm looking for 'projects' but can't find it. Sorry, but would you please direct me?

Meanwhile I'll go and look for my well used dunce hat.

Take care, Angie

Hi Angie!

I think the confusion is not all the pictures made it over from the board switch.

If you click on the first page of *this* thread, and then scroll down, I fixed one of my older posts to include the pictures of my noro/trensetter shawl. I'll try to find the project thread to fix it there when I get home.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll pm you direct links :)

As a side note, I wore that shawl to the MD Sheep & Wool festival yesterday and I got tons of compliments on it. That's one of the things I love about fiber people. No one was shy about coming up & asking how it was made, what kind of yarn it was made of. It was a lot of fun getting to talk to so many people.

Holly

Hi Holly,

thank you for your explaination, finally figured everything out. I guess I didn't have all my brains together. Lost my darling pet this weekend...It's hard to deal with. Trying to get my mind on other things and since I love to crochet I want to 'dive' into a new project and your shawl really interested me. I can see that many people asked you how it is made. It is beautiful. Thanks again for helping

Take care, Angie

What a wonderful shawl. Cannot wait to make it.

I see in the threads how many skeins of each yarn to purchase but I do not see on the instructions as to how many rows of each yarn you used, or was it just sporatic? It is just so beautiful the way you did it that I would like to do it exactly the same - the colors show up so great.

Sorry for trying to be a copy cat however, I do not put colorways together so great.

June

Don't be sorry! I'm flattered:)

I worked it randomly, but I went back & counted the rows.

1-12 silk garden (sg)

13-15 dune

16-20 sg

21-22 blossom

23 sg

24-28 dune

29-30 sg

31-32 blossom

33 sg

34-36 dune

37-40 sg

Remember, it's very long. What's nice about center-out patterns (and bottom up ones) is that you can stop whenever it's the length you like.

Holly

Good Morning Holly

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

I went into town yesterday and purchased the Silk Garden & Blossom but was unable to find Trendsetter Dune so now I must go on a hunt. Doubt that I will find it up here in such a small place but perhaps I will be able to find it on the net or substitute. Wish me luck because I really, really want to start and finish this beautiful shawl.

Once again thankyou and I will let you know when I finish it.

June

Archived