Beauty in Bloom Poncho

RachelG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't know...I didn't time myself, because I don't make things in long five-hour sessions. I usually have time to crochet for an hour or two here or there. This one took two weeks, but that's because it was being designed. I had to rip some out and start over, get with my sister to see about how to continue, etc etc. I wish I could give you a general time estimate, but I can't. It all depends on how much time you spend and how fast you crochet. I'm guessing definitely over twenty hours...but I am not the fastest crocheter in the world.

Oh, yes, and everybody...weave in the ends as you complete motifs...do not wait until you're finished with the entire thing and then do it. :))

• 1 month later...

Boy, the further back I go in reviewing posts, the better it gets! This poncho is absolutely lovely, Rachel! The flowers are a great touch. I can see I'm going to have to start wrestling my to-do list to the ground, it's growing into a monster, lol! But this one would be perfect to bump up the list for the approaching spring/summer season! I can see myself in it already! :garden:bee :camera

:ty :)h :cheer2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've made four of them so far! :hook

The poncho is very pretty, perfect for spring. :)

How long did it take you to make one? I want to try it but don't have alot of free time. :blush

How long does it take me to make one? I wish I had timed myself! I know if I keep at it, I can make the motifs in a day. The netting is quite simple but does take time... I'd say plan on three days of crocheting...steadily, but with time to do laundry, fix and eat the meals, and walk the dog. :)

Oooo...pictures. Sorry, Rebecca...no digital camera, remember? :( My first one is pictured on my web-site. The second was all pretty pink with AB glittery see-through beads.

The second two have gone to friends who have digital cameras...perhaps I could get pics?! One had purple flowers and fuchsia net, and the other had dark purple flowers, lavender edging the flowers, and butter cream net...very pretty, if I do say so myself.

Oooo...pictures. Sorry, Rebecca...no digital camera, remember? :( My first one is pictured on my web-site. The second was all pretty pink with AB glittery see-through beads.

The second two have gone to friends who have digital cameras...perhaps I could get pics?! One had purple flowers and fuchsia net, and the other had dark purple flowers, lavender edging the flowers, and butter cream net...very pretty, if I do say so myself.

What part of the poncho did you put the beads, Rachel? I wish we could also see pictures of that one as well.....:hook

Are you designing another thread poncho soon? I really had fun making your Beauty in Bloom poncho. :manyheart

Jackie: I put one bead on each of the eight frilly "loops" surrounding the flower on each motif. (I hope that makes sense!)

Rebecca... There isn't any way I could get pictures of the second pink one, but I'll write and see if I can get pictures of the last two...although it may take awhile before I have them! :blush

• 4 weeks later...

Oh! That is simply gorgeous. My 10 year old daughter walked by and told me she wanted me to make that for her! :hook I guess I know what I'm working on next after this doily. I can use up some of my thread stash. :lol

• 2 weeks later...
:hug That is so gorgeous. Thank you for the pattern. It is more useful than a shawl or wrap around...I keep dropping those!! :eek

Archived