Aunt Lydia's New Wave???? Shrug Pattern

yirishrose

I found a pattern for a beautiful shrug/bolero but it calls for Aunt Lydia's New Wave in #124 just peachy. I cant find this on any website. I dont know if it is thread or yarn. It calls for using an H hook. Does anyone have any Ideas for a possible subsitute or the correct yarn. The pattern is at www.acmoore.com/Projects/yarnproject.asp?ID=1038 Please help:think

Well what the hell? Did this yarn just come out today? It's nowhere, not even on Coats & Clark's website and they make Aunt Lydia's, don't they?

I'm guessing it's probably cotton and WW (if it even really exists:lol ). I agree you could substitute any other WW.

Edit: I found this, described as "New Fashion Yarn is in with Coats and Clark" on the AC Moore website. It came up under a search for New Wave. It's a video and I'm not patient enough to wait for it to download, but maybe it's in there. ?????

http://www.acmoore.com/Files/VideoFiles/367/VideoFile/206-POP3.wmv

Edit Again: I went shopping and when I came home, it had finished downloading (dialup-grrr!) and it shows a close-up of it and says it's a "textured thread that creates the look of waves rippling along the surface." It looks crinkly, like when you frog really tight stitches.

Perhaps like a baby boucle, or Bernat Cotton Tots?

Edit Again: I went shopping and when I came home, it had finished downloading (dialup-grrr!) and it shows a close-up of it and says it's a "textured thread that creates the look of waves rippling along the surface." It looks crinkly, like when you frog really tight stitches.

Here's the best I could do

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/googlesearch.asp?q=Aunt%20Lydia's&spell=1&access=p&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=latin1&client=

MMP2005&oe=latin1&proxystylesheet=MMP2005&getfields=imageURL

and all's they show is crochet thread under Aunt Lydia...

Sure is a pretty pattern, though! Looks like a real small yarn, like a baby-weight or something!

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Coats and Clark make the New Wave Yarn. Here is what I found on their site:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=253&page_id=9504768&query=new+wave+yarn&hiword=WAVES+YARNS+new+wave+yarn+

I have no idea where you can find this yarn but maybe if you contact Coats and Clark they can tell you.

Wendyb532

I would find a substitute yarn. This new waves yarn is only hand washable and dry flat. I prefer machine washable yarns. I do like the pattern, and I may try it one of these days, but I will look for a different yarn to use.

My goodness, 3 size hooks to choose from :eek:think I guess if this is the case, I would do the gauge swatch test and see which hook works best.

• 8 months later...

This yarn is now available at Herrshnerrs for $3.95. I found a jacket in the Crochet Today magazine that I would like to make but it would cost me $55.

Did any one ever find a substitute yarn?

Thanks,

Emily

Archived