Oven buddy pattern

Kymberlina

ovensideresize.jpg

ovenfrontresize.jpg

There was a couple of request for the pattern so I worked one up. Here ya go..

Worsted weight cotton yarn

With G hook Ch13.

BASE PIECE

Row1-In back loops of chain, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.Ch1, turn.

Row2-(Insert hk in back loop [bL] of 1st sc and in front loop [FL] of base chain directly below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) twice {inc. made}. (insert hk in BL of next sc and in FL of base chain directly below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) across. Ch 1, turn.

Row3-(Insert hk in BL of first sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk) twice {inc. made}. (Insert hk in BL of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) across to last st. Insert hk in BL of last st and in FL that previous st. was worked in, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk, Ch 1, turn.

Rows 4-8 Repeat Row 3

Row 9-(Insert hk in BL of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) across to last st. Insert hk in BL of last sc and in FL that previous st. was just worked in, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk. Ch1, turn.

Row 10-Repeat Row 9.

Row11-(Insert hk in BL of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk) across. Ch 1, turn.

Rows 12-40 Repeat Row 11

Row 41- Insert hk in BL of first sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, insert hk in BL of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 3 loops on hook. (Insert hk in BL of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) across. Ch 1, turn.

Rows 42-47 Repeat Row 41

Row 48-Insert hk in BOTH loops of first sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, insert hk in BOTH loops of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 3 loops on hk. (Insert hk in BOTH loops of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) across. Finish off.

FLAPS (make 2)

Work same as base piece to Row 13.

Row 14-(Insert hk in BOTH loops of next sc and in unworked FL below, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull thru 2 loops on hk.) across. Finish off.

Place base piece down, match flaps on top and bottom of base piece. Sew seams.

That's a "potholder stitch" and it's hard to explain, but you are working in part of a stitch from row 1 and part of a stitch from the foundation chain. it will end up pulling the two rows together. In row 3 you will work in part of a stitch from row 2 and part of a stitch from row 1. It forms a very thick and spongy feeling fabric. I hope that didn't confuse you more.

edited to add a link to a picture tutorial

Helena's Potholder stitch

I understand the stitch, I have done it before. I was asking if the rows are supposed to increase because the way I read it , in the beginning of row 2, it says to do the first thing twice. Does that mean twice in the first stitch?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Kimberlina,

Am I reading this right and you increase on the first stitch only of rows 3 thruogh 8?

I love this and my sister has asked me to try to make her something like this for a few months.

Corky

Archived