Tote bag organizer help

I have several outings planned this summer with my three year old daughter and will be taking a tote bag most of the time. I love my bag but HATE how everything rolls around on the bottom. I have been trying to come up with an organizer that can hold two water bottles and a sunscreen bottle. I am having major mental block the only thing I can up with was horrible and ugly. If anyone has made something like this I would love the help or if you have found any other way to keep tote bags orderly I would be most greatful.:) :)

couldn't you make something sort of like a giant hook holder. Just a folded over rectangle sewn so there are a tall pockets for the water and the sunscreen?

You can find a bag here that has pockets for baby bottles that you might make a little bigger for water bottles and then make another small pocket for the inside to hold the sunscreen?

Something like this would be fairly easy to either make with fabric or crochet. It's just a long organizer..you can fold it like a circle, and drop it in your tote..so it makes it organized. The pockets fit nicely alongside of the inside of your tote..leaving an open spot in the middle for larger items. Donna

http://www.daytimer.com/content/shopall/shopall_more_info.asp?shopperid=366000B4C35A4054822AA1F526CD1B1D&aid=False&wu=0&keycode=179865&line=&PP=&cid=10&Origin=&solution_nmbr=48495

http://www.onlineorganizing.com/ProductsPage.asp?name=Purseket_Purse_And_Tote_Bag_Organizer

Perhaps you can sew in a 1" to 2" wide piece of elastic on one side of bag. I'm thinking toward the middle, across the width of the bag. Sew one end and then at different intervals. I had a bottle bag that had that type of system on both sides. It was very convienent and kept everything organized.

Desireé

Thank you all so much, I HATE mental block:bang. For some reason I could see it in me head but could not get it into my hook. The "Purseket" is a great idea I have seen it on t.v. It will be easy to make and even better I can put alot of pockets on it and won't have to worry about a wallet or phone slipping out and give me room to bring a snack. I will get to work on this today and get a picture as soon as I get done, has to soon because we're off to the zoo thursday.

Thanks again.

Archived