World wide crochet in public day ?

Pyogazel

I've just heard about the World wide knit in public day

it's on June 10th, and the year 2006 is the secon edition of this event

http://www.wwkipday.com/

Is there one for crocheters too?

if there isn't, shouldn't we grab the date and join happily?

what say you?

Hi, I assume you are writing in reference to the World Wide Knit in Public Day. There are no knitting police, so you can bring whatever project you want, but it is a knitting themed event. I hope you can make it!

Here is the info for WWKIP NYC!

Saturday, June 10

Central Park - East Green (small enough area to easily find a large group of knitters)

1pm - 5pm

Pack a picnic and bring a 'soccer mom' chair! (Knitting in a chair is much more comfortable than sitting on the ground and knitting)

Directions:

Central Park - East Green

If you walk in from East 72nd Street, you will see a sign that says "East Green" and a walk way between it and the childrens playground. Walk down that path and just past the playground you will see us knitting on the right.

If you walk in from East 69th Street, you will see a white flag pole. That green space there is the East Green. Follow the pathway north to the children's playground, just before you come to it you should see knitters sitting to your left.

If you are walking from the westside, aim for the bandshell (near Bethesda Fountain). Walk the path along the southern side of the bandshell, it will take you behind the audience end of Summerstage. You should be able to see cars driving along the 72nd st. drive. That green space just past it is the East Green. Cross 72nd drive at the end of the path and you should be able to see the childrens playground. That's us knitting!

On May 30, 2006, at 7:38 AM, jpr54 wrote:

where is event to take place- will it include crocheting?

Thank you for your input jpr54

so I assume, as it's a knitting event, we should have one for crochet too, as purplepeaches says.

I think I'll try to set up one, as soon as my internet connection returns :(

I'm writing from my office, and should the boss catch me :blush

I crochet in public frequently, especially when I bring my kids to the playground. But I think a day specifically for crochet would be a great idea!

I crochet every time I am at the beach or pool, so I will make sure I am at a public place that day with yarn in hand (and a hook also).

I think having a world-wide knitting and crocheting day is a great Idea!

Linda:cheer

I crochet in public almost every day when I'm in the train, comuting, but for this day I'll try to gather some friends and held a crochet lesson in a tea shop or in a public garden :hook

Archived