Crocheting rugs

I'm knitting one with Red Heart for my kitchen and kicking around the idea of making one with jute for a welcome mat.

Don't know if it's good or bad, but that's what I'm doing! ;)

The pattern I'm using is from an old machine knitting magazine, and calls for plain old Red Heart Super Saver. The rug's probably going to end up in my kitchen, so I figure I'll attach shelf liner or something else to the bottom of it so it doesn't slide around.

Hopefully, I'll have progress pics to put on my blog in a few days! Right now it's just a big pile of i-cords. It's been kind of slow going just because I work on it when I only have a few minutes to spare or I can't bear to look at any of my other projects.

The rugs I made for the kitchen/bath swap were from a pattern book Quick Q hook rugs...one I did with a P hook and four strands of red heart worsted weight yarn....came out nice and tight! The other was with the Q hook and four strands...it was bigger but not as tightly woven.

You can also crochet a rag rug with strips of old fabris (I'm saving my clothes that wear out beyond repair for this). Erika Knight's "Simple Crochet" has super easy directions for a small rectangular rug, and you can find other patterns on the web (check out CPC). Patty

Archived