Scallop Tea Cosy Pattern

cupcake

The postively fabulous fair dinkum Scallop Tea Cosy Pattern is now on my blog at crochetroo. :kangaroo http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/

If you drop in for a cuppa at my blog and print off the pattern please say g'day!

Many thanks to my friendly testers who proofed and prepped this for me...:hook

:mug You can all enjoy a hot cuppa now! :kettle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left a comment on your blog, Cupcake. This is one of the nicest patterns I've seen but then, all your patterns are really fantastic.:)

Cupcake, you rock! Thanks a million for taking the time and effort to write out this pattern.

I need to make this pattern and get a charming teapot to put it on!

Thank you sooooooooo much for sharing this !! I love the looks of it altho ummmm I am not a tea drinker. I do want to make it anyway tho...... thinking....... maybe it can be wrist purse..... hmmmm Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my tea pot cozy! I had never done this stitch before, but after a few starts and stops, I figured it out....I just love it! Thanks Cupcake for sharing it with us....they will make wonderful gifts!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/DKousmat58/Crochet/DCAM0001.jpg

Lady chat that looks lovely. What type of yarn did you use?

I know a few people have struggled with the pattern. Those of you that have had success, is there a better way for me to explain how to do the pattern so I can ammend my instructions? :D

I used 4 strands of sport weight yarn held together like a 4 ply yarn....in off white and rosy pink......I Think you just have to be clear about what side is facing you as you are doing the rows...while I was doing the row with V stitching the back was facing me when I was doing the other row....the front was facing me, also when you start to make the fpdc, you have to be careful to work "upwards"...don't let the stitches go downward or they will not look right.....hope this helps a bit

Thanks for that, I will try and edit the pattern,

dopey question, but do people in Morocco use the British crochet terms like us here in Australia, or do you use the American Terms?

Not dopey at all, actually most patterns are in French as that is the secondary language here, and the French patterns are like the UK and Australian patterns,but as for me I use the American instructions because I am American and that is the way I learned to do it! Now I have a dopey question for you! LOL...I teach English here, and in one of our lessons on English as a world wide language Australia is mentioned as an English speaking country, but The Book also asks what is the second most popular language in Australia.....and I honestly don't know!!!! Do YOU?

The top 5 non English Languages in Australia are Italian, Greek, Cantonese, Arabic, and Vietnamese

The Asian languages tho are becoming more noticeable. Most of the Italian / Greek migration was post WW2.

It used to be that Melbourne has the second largest Greek population in the world, next to Athens. That is how they pack a stadium when Australia plays Greece in the Soccer!

A lot of Italian families established our strong farming communities ie sugar cane in the north and vineyards in the south. The vietnamese group seem to be growing. This is good cos the food is fantastic!

It is an interesting cultural mix.

Here is the cnsus site.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/2f762f95845417aeca25706c00834efa/d67b7c95e0e8a733ca2570ec001117a2!OpenDocument

Cupcake,

I thought your instructions were very clear and easy to follow, and how considerate of you to translate from Aussie/UK terms to U.S. :manyheart . The only thing I think that could maybe help others who are having trouble with that scallop row is perhaps a picture showing how you hold the piece, or how you work up the second half of the vee...sometimes a visual aid is helpful in those situations. :)

Thank you for all your kind feedback!

You know till I found this place I felt that my work was never really appreciated. It has been so lovely receiving all the positive and supportive comments which have encouraged me to put my ideas onto paper.

I have another interesting Tea cosy version, (again in my noggin) which I will write up soon.

I have also "pdfed" the Scallop Tea Cosy Pattern which If I could work out I would add as a link to download from my blog.

In the meantime, if any one would like a complimentary pdf Scallop Tea Cosy Pattern for your personal collection, please pm me with your email address, or email me at cupcakeqld (at) hotmail.com with your Crochetville name. This is for Crochetville members only, as a personal thank you from me.

I will do this up to June 30. Depending on the demand it may take me a few days to respond, but I would love to hear from you. :manyheart

Archived