Blue comfortghan

sissie44

Good evening everyone, I would like to ask for your help in making a comfortghan for a lady that I know though curves where I work. She has just had the most devasting news a person could get!! Her husband has less than 6 months to livesad-049.gif and she is just lost!!

What I would like If you can help me is Blue 12" squares. Any color blue will be fine. please attach a little card to your square so they will see where it came from and that there are people all over that really to care! I believe this will really help her!!

I am going to try to make one for each of them.

My Address is:

sissie Moore

322 Jenny wren dr

Apt # 4

Martinsburg, WV. 25401

thank-you.gifhug.gifhug.gifhug.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will make a couple of squares too! Do you want the squares to be one solid color of blue.....or do you want different shades of blue in one square....or doesn't it make a difference?

Sissie, I would like to make one (two if I can) with the Caron SS Berry Blue yarn that you sent me with your summer scarf (which I have draped over my shoulder as I type this!). I think that will be a very good use of the yarn. Please let me know if Caron SS would go with your comfortghan.

Thanks Miranda......Now I can get an idea what kind of squares I need to make....looks like everyone is doing solid blues.

Sissie, I would like to make one (two if I can) with the Caron SS Berry Blue yarn that you sent me with your summer scarf (which I have draped over my shoulder as I type this!). I think that will be a very good use of the yarn. Please let me know if Caron SS would go with your comfortghan.

yes this will be find and thank you all for helping me with this!! :hugany color of blue is good and it doesn't have to be solid either.

sorry I haven't been on in the last couple of days just have a bad go right this minute.

how many 12" squares do most people use for a comfortghan?

I think you can use as many squares as you want, but I think the standard size is 12 squares......3 across and 4 long. I think the total Comfortghan will be sized nicely....once the borders are finished, (around the squares and around the afghan). You can make the afghan any size you want, but I don't think you would want it any smaller than the 12 squares.

I think you can use as many squares as you want, but I think the standard size is 12 squares......3 across and 4 long. I think the total Comfortghan will be sized nicely....once the borders are finished, (around the squares and around the afghan). You can make the afghan any size you want, but I don't think you would want it any smaller than the 12 squares.

Thanks Daisy that is what I was thinking also But wanted to make sure

Recieved a Square today from Miranda and this is the prettiest bark blue square I have seen in a long time!! Thank you :hug

Sissie,

Just so you are not left wondering, I'll be sending out my square(s) from NY in the next day or two. I finished the first one, but I don't like it, so I think I'll have to frog and re-do it! Figures.:P

I just finished up a square for Sissie in red heart blueberry pie.... guess we ahve a theme going on!:D

Lea I recieved your square today and I love this color :manyheart and it goes great with the dark blue ones that I have! I will have to go see if i can get some of this:)

Thanks for helping:hug

Your welcome... that blueberry pie and the new red heart turqua have become my 2 newest favorite colors...just trying to find a project that I can use either color in... our home is rather rustic/ french country sort of thing...:manyheart

Do you still need squares? I would be happy to make one and send it ASAP. Please PM me.

yes I am still needing squares I have 7 now and I need 24 so almost enough to start the first one.

Thanks for helping:hug

Sissie, I've got two more squares done......I will send them out when I get 4 more done (6 total).

Daisy.

Archived