Walmart Clearance - Look what I got!

Lion Brand Chenelle for 75 cents a skein!? You are kidding!

I see lots of projects in your future...I just got a book from the library called Crochet with Heart Best-Loved Afghans (Leisure Arts). I have never used Red Heart SS, but I am tempted to go out to buy some just for these gorgeous projects. I guess I'll just have to check the local Walmart.

I snagged a bunch of stuff at my Walmart too. Interestingly, we have two super W's in town, and only one had any clearance yarn.

I was able to pick up about 8 skeins of Moonlight Mohair, 8 of RH Symphony, 6 RH baby, and about 6 of bernat cotton...all for just $1 each. I would have gotten more, but DH started eyeing my growing pile, and I started feeling guilty. Lol!

:hook

WOO HOO! I am so happy somebody posted about checking Wal Mart's clearance section. I had to go through 3 Wal Marts, but finally found one tonight with some clearance yarn too, including quite a few of their No Boundaries brand for $.50 each. :devil:woo

Oooh see I knew I would kick myself! LoL

As for that No Boundaries yarn- good luck! I found a gorgeous purple one that felt a little like suede but with a shimmery strand running through it. I actually was carrying it through the store, rubbing it against my cheek :blush when it began to unravel. :eek I tossed that puppy onto the nearest rack. If it came apart while I was fondling it, imagine how it would wash! Yikes.

Hmm, I didn't see any like that one, but I'll be sure to avoid it/test it out good/ beforehand if I do. :eek My Wal Mart has several different "fun" yarns in that brand. I'll post the results with the kinds I have gotten, whenever I can find patterns to try them out on...

I always look in the clearance sections, you never know what you'll find; yarn or otherwise.

Natasha if you read this, I didn't find any Lustersheen. I did find Red Heart Plush and chenille and a couple other things I don't remember. None of it was marked down very much, $3.00 was the cheapest. I didn't buy any.

It was at the East/West Connector Store.

I went to the Walmart in Gilroy, CA today and got up 4 black lustersheens, one blue, one beige, and 3 rolls of cottontots blue, one roll of some fuzzy red stuff and one roll of beige cotton size 10 thread. All for 1$ each. (I cleaned Gilroy out) :devil

Well darn it! I wish my Wal-mart had Lustersheen. I would really help with my tablecloth. :blush Maybe I'll venture into the not-so-good one after I drop dh at school tonight.

I am so glad I finally have a place where other people understand the need and the obsession of finding sale yarn and buying said yarn BECAUSE IT WAS ON SALE!!! My husband just roles his eyes and says thank-you again, God, for giving us an attic!!! Way to go on those sales ladies, the only Walmart that ever post yarn sales near (i use this term loosely) us is almost 45 minutes away!

Do me a favor though, dont tell anybody I like Walmart...I am a social worker after all!!! hehehehehe :)

"The only difference between myself and a madman...I'm NOT MAD"--Salvador Dali

Man am I JEALOUS!! In my WalMart the Jewelbox was clearanced for $2.50 a skein, no Lustersheen ANYWHERE near me :dreaming (and I'm near a largish shopping area), and those pattern booklets were clearanced for $1.50 instead of the 25 cents you got it at. Guess I'll have to order online to get to try Lustersheen. Never tried it, but want to...:dreaming

FYI, for those of you who are looking for Lustersheen, try Hobby Lobby in addition to Wal-Mart. I saw a bunch on clearance at HL as well. I didn't buy any, so I don't remember the price, but I'm thinking it was just a little over a dollar. They had a bunch of fushia, a blue, black, and a pretty light yellow. Probably other colors, but since I had no idea what to do with it and the fact my cart was quickly filling up anyway, I didn't pay too much attention.

Archived