anybody in or around Kansas City?

I will be in the Kansas City area from the first of June to the end of July. I would love to get together with some crocheters in the area to crochet and talk.

If you would like to get together at a Starbucks or Books a Million or ???and sit and sip coffee and crochet for an hour or so, please pm me.

Barbara

Wow, is it work related? I know there are a few of us in the area, I'm an hour away in Topeka. Just 1/2 hour down the road in Lawrence, there is a nice yarn shop, Yarn Barn.

I'm in Lawrence. Which depending on where in KC you will be, really is only 1/2 hour. The Yarn Barn as Smyz64 suggested is a huge shop with a lot of things. Just down the the street (same block) is a great little coffee shop that my knitting/crocheting group meets at. (Yarn Barn is a bit to bussy to sit and work on a project at. Espically on the weekends. ) I know it's a bit out of your way, but I would be happy to meet with you there. (I can get you directions).

Also, there is a nice (but smaller) yarn shop in Overland Park. I think it's the Yarn Shop and More. I've been there once or twice. Overland Park is in the greater KC metro area. I am not sure about other yarn shops. I am kinda new to the area (moved here in Nov).

Thre were two threads a while ago about forming a get together in the KC area.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21779&highlight=johnson+county

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14423&highlight=johnson+county

I don't think they got anything going. But, that would give you some ideas of people to talk with.

Woo Hoo! I can meet you most anywhere in the area. I don't work a regular schedule so can meet most anytime during the day. Nights are a little harder.

Where is the yarn barn? (like I need more yarn).

I'll be in the KC area by Tuesday May 30. I think we will be in Liberty in Miller's Kamp RV park there. Anybody ever heard of it?

PM me if you want to try to meet up sometime soon. I'll give you my cell phone #.

Barbara

• 9 years later...

i'm currently located in South Kansas City ... anybody around here currently? Lawrence is cool, btw. hubby uses Haskell Indian Clinic there.

Archived