I Lost My Hook!

:( Man oh man....I usually stick it in my hair....so I won't lose it.....and I lost it. I have no idea where it is....and I'm not sure about the size either. I'm thinking it was a 6mm, cause that's what the yarn called for.....the pattern on the other hand called for a 5mm....and I know I didn't use a 5mm.....well, at least I think I know.....:( ....Off to Walmart to buy a new 6mm....and pray that's what I was using!!

I'm not off to a good start to the day!! :no

And as soon as you buy one; you will find the lost one :blush

:rofl :rofl So true!

Seriously though, did you check the couch cushions? That's where mine end up...

Bah! I'm losing it! I'm blaming it on the hormones!!

I was sitting outside yesterday waiting for my daughter to get off her school bus....when I got up, I put the hook in my jacket pocket! LOL.....and I could of sworn I put it in my hair!!! I discovered it in my pocket as I was on my way out the door....to Walmart...to buy another one!!!!!

My poor couch...lol...you's should of seen it yesterday! :eek

Anyways...all's good now! I can continue my ripple!!! :hook

:( Man oh man....I usually stick it in my hair....so I won't lose it.....and I lost it. I have no idea where it is....and I'm not sure about the size either. I'm thinking it was a 6mm, cause that's what the yarn called for.....the pattern on the other hand called for a 5mm....and I know I didn't use a 5mm.....well, at least I think I know.....:( ....Off to Walmart to buy a new 6mm....and pray that's what I was using!!

I'm not off to a good start to the day!! :no

I stick mine in my hair, too. A couple days ago, I was crocheting away and my hair got in the way. It is long and very thick so I coiled it up in a messy bun and stuck a couple hooks through it like chopsticks,... and promptly forgot they were there. Later on, I needed a hook, couldn't find it, so off to the store I went. I had just finished paying for it, bent my head to put my wallet in my purse, and the cashier guy spoke. "Um, Ma'am. Did you know you have metal hook things in your hair like the ones you just bought?" Uh, duh. Missing hooks solved!! I felt like an idiot, but I have a couple extra hooks now (an 4 more skeins of yarn!!)!!!

I stick mine in my hair, too. A couple days ago, I was crocheting away and my hair got in the way. It is long and very thick so I coiled it up in a messy bun and stuck a couple hooks through it like chopsticks,... and promptly forgot they were there. Later on, I needed a hook, couldn't find it, so off to the store I went. I had just finished paying for it, bent my head to put my wallet in my purse, and the cashier guy spoke. "Um, Ma'am. Did you know you have metal hook things in your hair like the ones you just bought?" Uh, duh. Missing hooks solved!! I felt like an idiot, but I have a couple extra hooks now (an 4 more skeins of yarn!!)!!!

Kiki... you kill me!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl

My name is Kiki, and I am that crazy woman with cats and hooks in my hair!

OH, I would have totally tried to pull it off, "Uh, of COURSE I know I have these in my hair! Duh!! I needed to make sure I got the right size... again..." and when you walk out of the store with more yarn - definitely NOT a wasted trip!

I did the same thing today. I stuck it behind my ear, forgot it, looked everywhere and found it when I took off my glasses and it clattered to the floor.

I always loose mine when I went to trow out my old couch when I got some new furniture I pulled it apart and low and behold there was about 15 hooks inside the couch.....lol

Deborah

sometimes I will also find them in my ferrets stash or my cats will have them

OH, I would have totally tried to pull it off, "Uh, of COURSE I know I have these in my hair! Duh!! I needed to make sure I got the right size... again..." and when you walk out of the store with more yarn - definitely NOT a wasted trip!

I told him it was a fashion statement. I don't think he bought it. But I was in there yesteday and he hit on me. Never mind that I am married, almost 36, have 4 kids, a big butt, and he had to be all of 18. Ah, well, must have been the hooks!!

I have been known to use my hooks as bun holders for my hair. I have long straight hair and pull it into a pony tail then twist it into a bun.. insert a pencil, hook, or chopstick and voila.. instant bun! The Crochet hooks are definite attention getters when I do that lol

Teeheehee, Kiki.................Iloved your story. I often use a pencil or pen to hold up my hair, but I've never, ever thought of using a hook. Now I have something new to try---and they come in pretty colors!

I have taken to writing in pencil what hook I am using for the pattern due to the dreaded "losing hook syndrome". Someone also gave me a hook that they found lying in the dirt. A good hook too! I may belong to one of the CWA ladies :blush .

Wow, all of the long hair people that crochet. I have very short hair and needless to say I wouldn't have any hooks in my hair. But the dang couch eats my hooks like Wildthing I guess I need to feed it more loose change, Skittles and M&M's:devil

I was having blah day and this made me LOL

Thanks all:manyheart

Teeheehee, Kiki.................Iloved your story. I often use a pencil or pen to hold up my hair, but I've never, ever thought of using a hook. Now I have something new to try---and they come in pretty colors!

Not only is it attractive and unique, but practical and creative!!

Gee, now I wish my hair wasn't so long and heavy so I could do something nutty like put crochet hooks in it. Hahahaha, too cute.

Seriously, with taking my WIP back and fourth from work to home so much (already, and I just started!), I'd be so totally lost without my hook case.

Archived