Another thread for Cupcake's Bookmark!

theworm

Thanks, Cupcake!

It's a beatiful pattern!

What size thread do you use? It's bigger than I thought it would be, but its so pretty! My husband wanted it - I said it's girly - he said yes, but its really beautiful and you make it. :manyheart

I will be making more. Once I figured it out, its easy to follow. thanks so much for sharing the pattern!

I use DMC Coton Perle 8 or Coats 40 crochet cotton. I guess if they turn out really big you could use them as a table runner :lol :lol

:lol - well, not quite THAT big!

I did stop at 7 fans though. I have no idea what size the thread was - much smaller than 10, but not really thin. I have a very fine thread that I'm going to try to use. It's pretty but its off white with gold running through it, and that seems too bland to go on a white page.

These are fun to make and so pretty for gifts - everyone loves the pattern (as you can see by the number of "Cupcake's Bookmark threads" here!

Cupcake to the Rescue!

My SIL and I will be throwing a baby shower for my niece and I decided that Cupcakes bookmarks will be a good favor. I'm going to make them in baby colors and put a baby block bead on the tassel. I made a practice one today. Made several mistakes that I will correct with I start "production".

I also learned an important crochet lesson! Size 10 crochet thread is different from size 10 crochet cotton! That would explain why my first bookmark above is so huge! :lol

IMG_2796.jpg

oh my gosh you make me so envious with all your beautiful variegations. They look fabulous!

oh my gosh you make me so envious with all your beautiful variegations. They look fabulous!

varigated yarn can be bought - your tallent for designing is a gift! I'm envious!

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful pattern!

Honestly, it took me three bookmarks to get it right because I wasn't following the pattern properly. Once you get it though, the pattern repeats and it works up easy. It's really easy, but I was messing up the parts where it connect to previous fans.

Try it - Cupcake is here and I'm sure she would answer questions if you have any. And it really is beautiful!

varigated yarn can be bought - your talent for designing is a gift! I'm envious!

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful pattern!

Thanks for the compliment, but I have never seen cotton like that. The thing is I don't know what I don't know. What is it called so I can search on the web? The stock in the shops here is awful to tragic.:(

Archived