Stash busting is impossible

Yeah, I have issues with rounds. I know I need to just get over it, but they always come out bigger than they're supposed to. LOL! I tried to make a hat once for myself, and it was a mess. LOL!

You can use any yarn as long as it is not going to shed and they can breath it in, it would be really bad for there lungs. As long as it is warm it is great.

I hope this helps.

What kind of yarn do you use for preemie hats?

You are welcome,I think it great and it is something that is very close to my heart. And you would not belive how much those little hats help

I know when my son was born, although he was not a preemie, the little hat that he was given to wear in the hospital meant alot to me. We still have it, and I love to look at it and remember just how small he was then. I've often wondered about the person who made it, I wonder if she imagined the baby that it would one day belong to. I can only imagine how much more it means to parents of preemies, I've never seen a hat that small for sale.

It is really hard to find clothes for preemies, and the clothes and hats that you do find are for "preemies" that weight at the least 5 or 6 pounds. My daughter was born weighting 2 pounds and when i got to see her the hat she was wearing was to big so you could not see her eyes. It was so sweet but a little sad.

Hello my name is Linda,my yarn stash is out of control,I need to keep making those granny squares,and donating them to those who need them.

Even the littlest bit gets used by mil for her plants,that she stakes,so not a bit gets wasted.

I notice mostly 12 and 6 inch geanny squares mentioned,is there much call for 8 inch squares ?

You may want to try over at Crafting for a Cause (a yahoo group). I'm pretty sure they are always taking 8 in squares, and other odd-man-out squares.

Otherwise you can save 'em up and make afghans for Warm-Up America. I think they'll take those size squares... :think

Archived