PurpleKittyYarns.com -- ??

nucki

Have any of you used this site before for ordering yarns and/or crochet hooks? If so, how did they rate, in your opinion?

I ask because I just ordered a few hooks from them. I need some more hooks - I only have a G, J, 10 mm and some really small (3 mm and thereabouts) hooks, but I've noticed that the majority of patterns out there call for G,H,I,J, or K hooks (like most hook SETS sold in the U.S. [now I'm really kicking my own butt for NOT buying a whole set before we left the U.S.!!!]). And finding hooks in the town I live in is next to impossible - I only know of one shop that does sell them, and the prices there are downright astronomical!

I couldn't beat the price, though - less than $10 for all 3 hooks PLUS shipping, which with the conversion from USDollars ($) to British Pounds Sterling (£) should run me just over £5 (I think! :lol). I couldn't buy myself those 3 hooks for that price in THIS town!

Of course, it didn't occur to me until AFTER I placed my order to ask you guys if you'd used Purple Kitty and what you thought of them. So even though it's a little late... :blush... I'd still like some input anyway. Provided, of course, that any of you actually have USED them!

:hook

I bought the Dartmoor Vest and October Coat (Oat Couture) patterns from them and they shipped both in a timely manner. I'd shop there again.

Suzi ~

I haven't actually used them, but I've heard others on (dare I say this) another board I sometimes visit say good things about them. :)

Vicki

She is a member here and I have bought from her several times! She is wonderful! Great prices, FAST service! One of my favorites!!

Okay, now I'm feeling totally red-faced, not realizing that Purple Kitty is not only an online company, but a MEMBER of this forum.

Ah well... at least I have an excuse... being new and all. :P

Hi. I have bought several pattern books and some hooks as well from them and have had no problem. They are very good as far as shipping is concerned. You shouldn't have any problems.

Wendyb532

Archived