Blogger rant

kariholtz

:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

I'd blog this but blogger ate my template.

I couldn't figure out why my blog wouldn't load so I looked at my template and it was half gone. So I replaced it with a backup and since it was one I was working on a new template design on it's all wonky now.

Sorry I just needed to blog vent.

Who uses Moveable Type?

How easy/hard is that to get used to?

Sorry you're having troubles Kari. I noticed earlier that your blog was a little ummm blank. {{hugs}} Good Luck!

Edited to add...

Thanks for posting this bc I'd never thought about creating a backup for my template! I just did it and feel much better now lol.

I used to backup every week... when I was making lots of changes but hadn't recently so I got complaicent and didn't the back up I have on there is from Nov.

It's a good idea to back it up every so often. (Even if blogger doesn't eat it)

Who uses Moveable Type?

I have a journal that uses Moveable Type, and it's not bad but I prefer Wordpress, which I started using for the crochet blog. I'm thinking of switching the journal over to it, but keep going back and forth on that because I haven't had the time to mess with exporting everything and getting things set up the way I want.

A lot of people really like Movable Type, though, and I haven't actually tried the newest version, where they might have fixed the things that irritate me the most (like how there's no way in the MT interface--in the version I have anyway--to manage plugins). But I decided to try out Wordpress when I started the crochet blog, and I really like it and find it easier to use.

Edited to add another link--if you're interested, here's a site where you can play around with a demo installation of Wordpress to see what it's like to use: wordpress demo

Thanks, I actually HAVE MT but have yet to understand the thing! (Which is something in itself)

I'll look into WordPress thanks again!

Awww Thanks, although I was getting tired of the layout anyway and was comtemplating change hehe I just didn't want to lose what I had....

This is where I am right now. IF I can ever figure out PHP:bang enough to edit the files and make my own design I'll probably end up staying with this one. I do like the posting aspect of it. (and it's free and already installed with my host)

New Blog

Archived