Little Mouse Pattern

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just created this really cute mouse last night and the plan was to see if I could make it into cat toys... I showed it to my friends cat and she grabbed it in her mouth and didn't want to give it back and this was without catnip in it!

I just want you to know this is a great pattern and I am making a bunch to give to a local animal shelter to help make some kitties waiting for a home happy.

Thank you from me and them!

• 3 weeks later...

This cute little guy is my first attempt at amigurumi! I think he came out pretty well actually. I didn't have thread to sew the ears on, so I used the body-color yarn. He's not perfect but I kinda like him. He's actually got a bit of catnip in with the polyfill, because I figured my first attempt would be good enough for the cat!

Here are some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/meredith/tags/amigurumi0001/

• 1 month later...

I am planning on doing five mice today! Two for friends in California, next-door neighbors who both have cats, two for a friend in Indiana who has a cat who doesn't like sharing toys with its brother, and one for the friend herself, with button eyes rather than sewn ones. All the mice with sewn eyes get catnip, of course! I don't want to put any in the one with button eyes lest my friend's cats get interested in hers too. ;)

It's an adorable pattern- Line #7.... the pattern does not come out to 18 sc... that's the only thing I've found...

LaVonneK is right, above - round 5 should be 15 sc. If you added an sc to match the pattern (which calls for 16 sc) then you will get more than 18 sc in round 7.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was horrified when my son made a request for two stuffed mice he found in a catalog for $99. (http://www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?pcode=1180) The very idea! Your pattern is much cuter and has made me feel all better!

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

$99 is a lot of money for some mice!!

• 6 months later...

i love the look of this mouse and am making it now. i think i may have a spotted a minor error in the pattern, but since i'm a novice, that may not be so! in round 5 (i think, not looking at it now, it's the round after the first sc only round): increase and sc 3, it says 16 as total sc for that round, but it should be 15 right?

thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, thank you so much for designing this :) I crocheted one last night, and our kitten LOVES it!!

I was doing a Google search for 'crochet mouse pattern', and yours came up. It led me to join as well as create...thank you again!:D

Archived