Cute Penguin

MamaHooks

My hubby LOVES, LOVES penguins. He is a penguin crazy person. So I decided to make him a penguin for his desk (this is my first penguin). The little penguin is about 4 1/2" tall and is roly, poly round.

th_penguin1.jpg

I think he is cute. I found the pattern at Kreinik.com.

I have two more pictures on my blog. :manyheart

He is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time! I love penguins too and I am off to find that pattern...Thank you soooo much for sharing with us! You did a great job and I am sure your Hubby will love him!:cheer :cheer

Just got back from seeing the pattern and yours is soo much better than the one they have there! Congratulations!

Thank you for all the compliments. :bow I really enjoyed making him and my hubby is thrilled to have him. I think now I am going to make a girl :garden, since he was a boy. I haven't decided on what she will have but it will be fun to experiment.

ps. My hubby wants to know where the penguin smileys are?

Aww that is really cute.

And thank you for sharing the site... But where is the lady Penguin???? He needs his lady!!

Did you weight the botton of the little guy with beans or those pellets they use to weigh something down?? Think your little guy looks better then the one on that site you shared!!

Your penguin is so cute. And yes, he's much better than the one in the pattern. I think the eyes make all the difference!

gee that is cute.. funny I was thinking about crochet penguins as I saw "March of the Penguins" at the movies yesterday with my son. We really enjoyed it. Such beautiful images and a fascinating story. If you hub is penguin mad he would enjoy this. :manyheart

Aww that is really cute.

But where is the lady Penguin???? He needs his lady!!

Did you weight the botton of the little guy with beans or those pellets they use to weigh something down??

I am making a penguin lady in the next day or two, but first I need to make 1 penguin each for my kids. They are in love with their father's penguin. :laughroll As for weighting down the bottom... no, I did not.I didn't even think about it.:blush I just stuffed him and made him squishy.

How cute !

My SIL loves them too, it's on my Holiday things to do list. Thanks for the link I will try both patterns now and make her a family of penguins, lol

What yarn and hook did you use?

____

cindy

What yarn and hook did you use?

____

cindy

I used High Honor Wintuk yarn :yarn (something my mother gave me when she gave up knitting :knit) and a "H" hook.

Archived