What do you carry your project while traveling?

I carry my WIP in a little blue bag I got at a conference one year. It's just big enough for modular projects plus hooks & etc., which makes things difficult; I can never just pick one WIP to include, and end up stuffing way too much stuff in there.

As of now, my WIP is a baby blanket that's only 1/3 done, so it's not too big and fits perfectly in a bag my sis-in-law brought me from Cambodia. It's a shoulder bag with a long, wide strap and is very comfortable to wear. I only carry about one ball of yarn around and the one hook I'm using, so it's perfect! I'm using a printed pattern, though, and didn't even think of putting it in a plastic protector...thanks to funkyreporter for sharing her idea!

I have a red tote with numerous pockets on the outside, including ones the perfect size for hooks. There is a zippered pocket inside for scissors and needles and measuring tape. And on the outside in huge white letters is the word "YARN".

I have a huge "Big Dogs" tote perfect for afghans, a small House of White Birches freebie that is perfect for a thread project and an "I Love Crochet" bag that I got on clearance from Joann's that works for anything in between.

I got a House Of White Birches freebie too. I's OK for my small projects, but I have a big tote (almost an over night bag) fo big stuff.

My sister calls my little bag a "knitty-Ditty" bag and always wants to know what I'm doing.

Ellie 13

I was flying abroad on business - 30 hours of travel time, so I bought a beautiful pink leather tote bag from Ebay. It's gorgeous and about right for a decent sized project and a few skeins. I love it. Since then I bought this. It makes me very happy.

I like that bag. I think I saw something like it at an A C Moore (maybe smaller), could be the same company made it. I'm going to try and get one soon.

Ellie 13

I crocheted myself a tote! I've been using it non-stop since I made it in september and it still looks great and hasn't stretched :)

DSCF0970.jpg

I have a rolling yarn tote from Jo-Ann's and I love it, but it is waaaay too huge for me to carry anywhere. So I use it for storage of my yarnstuffs at home.

As for going out- I have a little paper bag with handles from my old LYS that I just love- it's the perfect size. Or sometimes if I take my big purse, I'll just toss in some yarn and a hook to make something small. :hook

i have an army surplus messenger bag with a biohazard symbol on it, it's HUGE! got 3 separate big separations in side, and a separate pouch on the front that snaps and is perfect for supplies.

i also happen to collect totes, and have one my daughter made the art for (the school printed it) and i lovelove my tote from the exchange (on here) and there are too many others!

A nice, simple yet ample zippered canvas bag with a black strap from HobbyLobby which has a couple of pouches on front, perfectly sized for holding a crochet needle case. ;) (In the other pouch I keep a scrap project; my first scarf attempt, for inspiration and/or laughs. LOL)

Actually, you can see it in this pic.

I have a basket for some things. Small canvas bags for small projects, and a big canvas bag if I am working on an afghan that is to big for the basket and I also carry my thread in my purse if it is not too big. Nikki

Aqua blue tote i got for Christmas that i thought was too ugly for a purse but works great for my on going projects...only problem is it's too darn small

I

But I have since found the "take out" bag from "Noodles" (local pasta restuarant in the area) to work perfectly.:manyheart

I love the bags from "Noodles" also. They are just the perfect size, have great handles and are made of nice plastic. They are very nice for carrying a project around. :)

I also have a few tote bags that I got for free. :lol My favorite is one from Office Depot that I got for being in the Teacher's reward program. It is very sturdy fabric.

And since I am always on the go, it is nice to have a bag ready for take-off.

Linda

I must be the only one that uses a picnic basket from the 80's to carry my crochet around in. Anytime I show up at my MIL's house and I have "The Basket" she knows I have a project going. PLus the basket is sturdy enough that I can sit on it for short periods of time if I have to. On long trips I would sit on that while I was in the back of the van trying to get food for the children. Multipurpose!:cheer

Archived