Granny square afghan

aussiecrocheter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is spectacular! I wish my squares looked that even when I sew them together! I don't think it really needs any ironing. It looks just GREAT! :cheer

I'm really loving that edging, too. It's all so feminine! :D

All I can say is, WOW!! That's gorgeous and I sure can appreciate all the time and effort that went into making it. Such patience... Bet your neice will cherish it forever.

Debbie

I love that! Your use of the variegated color and the way you varied the sizes of the squares gives the pattern energy. It's not just your average granny square 'ghan. Good job! :clap

My niece did love it, and unfortunately so did her dog!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, I did manage to fix it, lucky for the dog, lol. I had to unpick a few squares and replace them. I was very fortunate to still have a small amount of the yarn left, which I used all of remaking the chewed squares. To look at it now, you wouldn't know it had been 'eaten' by Trevor (the dog). I only used three different squares. The big one was a square made with 10 rounds, the one with the four squares had five rounds in each square, and the square with nine smaller squares was made up of nine squares with three rounds in each. I am actually making another one at the moment, in pinks and purples, using Red Heart Plum Pudding as the variegated color.

That looks awsome! I have started making some granny sqares too, and I was wondering how to put it together. That is a great idea and I love the mix of big and small squares! Great work

• 3 weeks later...

Archived