Granny square afghan

aussiecrocheter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is really pretty and i love the colors. I wish I were that niece getting the afghan. The big and small sqaures are a great idea. I'm working on a 12" granny square afghan. Mine will be lots of different colors though.

That is truely beautiful.... I haven't made a Granny Square afghan yet. But now I want to after seeing yours. It's very unique. I always think of the ones with the black back ground.:yay

Wow, that blanket is downright stunning! I thought it was going to be just another granny square, but the mixing of the different square types and the color patterns, it's fantastic!

• 1 year later...

That is just beautiful and it looks great without the iron. You are very creative to work all this out. Keep it up I would like to see more like this, it is encouraging to me. :cheer

Beautiful!!! I love the colors for a girl. I make granny afghans too and I might offer some advice. Don't iron! It flattens the yarn. Just put into the washer on delicate and wash it in cold water. Dry for a while in the dryer then lay flat to finish drying. This will fluff it and flatten it too and make it smell really good! I weave my ends in as I go with each square. Then, at the end, I am done!!! I hate to go back and do ends!!!

Great job, she will LOVE IT!!!:cheer

I love it! IT's beautiful, I have saved the pic for inspiration for one of my afghans. Thanks for the close-up, you've done the hard work for me with how many rounds go into each!

Also, this is defnitely a ghan where you need to work your ends in as you go or you will go :loco !!!

Archived