Granny square afghan

aussiecrocheter

This is an afghan I made for my neices 19th birthday in April. I should have pressed/ironed it before I took the photos, but me and ironing don't mix, lol. Sewing the end in took me ages, but I think it was worth it, she was wrapt.

th_Kirstysblanket.jpg

th_P4230102.jpg

th_P4230108.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW THAT LOOKS GREAT WITHOUT ANY IRONING. :cheer I HOPE I CAN DO A BIG PROJECT LIKE THIS ONE DAY. DID YOU MAKE UP THE PATTERNS FOR YOUR GRANNY SQUARES OR GET THEM FROM A BOOK? I LOVE THE COLOR. :clap THERESA FROM NC

What a beautiful afghan and a lucky niece. The colors are great. I've never seen anything like it before.:clap

Your work is always in such pretty colours and used to such great effect. What sort of yarn did you use? I can see wht she was wrapt!

last night before i saw this post i was thinking about my granny squares and how to make the afgan unique, i was thinking about doing something similar, now i think i will be cause yours looks spectacular! ur niece is lucky

It is so pretty; I love the different sizes of squares. I don't envy you the work of weaving in all of the ends, though!

Wow...what a masterpiece! I LOVE the colors, the arrangement, everything! I can't imagine the end weaving though, I hate that part! LOL Excellent work, no wonder she's so excited!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I didn't use a pattern, just sort of free wheeled it. As for what sort of yarn I used, well....... it actually started out with 'left overs' from an afghan I'd made another niece for her birthday last year. There was a variegated yarn, that I think was Wendy DK, the light pink was Peter Pan, the white and the hot pink were Panda Magnum. Nothing fancy, and only acrylic, so it can be machine washed, and probably fairly often.

How beautiful! What wonderful colors you put in here!

If you don't mind, how did you join your grannies? I'm working on a G square afghan and whip stitching ( sort of lol) them together.

Looks wonderful!

Robin

Wow! I love the use of different sizes of squares and the colors are great!!

Great minds think alike! There's an afghan just like this in the Interweave Crochet magazine that came out last month. But theirs was different colors (more like a scrapghan), while I love the symmetry using a limited color palette brought to yours. Love it! I know a 14-year-old girl who'd love this afghan! Great job--especially so mcuh patience with the weaving in. More than I have!:lol Patty

Archived