For The Crochet Dude!

The short time that I've been coming to C'ville I have really enjoyed being in on the CAL's, looking at Blogs and visiting web sites. I've especially enjoyed visiting The Crochet Dude's site with the free patterns that he's offered.

I am currently working on his Monet Afghan although his looks nicer than mine. I am using Red Heart Super Saver Monet yarn for the body and RH Dusty Green for joining and the border. The length of colors in the veragation that I'm using are short to it sort of makes it look like an Easter Egg explosion.

The afghan is about 2/3's done and I plan on giving it to my DMIL when I'm done. She's already seen what I've been working on and loves it but she thinks I'm keeping this one for myself. :devil

Thank you Crochet Dude for sharing your work and your patterns!

Don't you just LOVE that yarn? The colors are SO pretty. I am in the process of making 4 top-type patterns for girls with that yarn!!!

Your afghan is looking awesome!

KnicKnac, just about anything would go well with that jacket although I think a yellow would be best under it. That was going to be my other choice for the border. Lots of pretty pastels to match up to!:)

Gee that is coming along nicely. I am also working on one except mine is looking more like a Gaugan cos I am doing each square a different colour. As yet I am not sure how this is going to look.. i feel I may have taken a risk here..:D

I have only done 3 squares cos I am also working on a few other things ala 200 blocks CAL. Cos I had planned to make each square a different variegation, I as yet havent decided what colour to use to join. When I have done a few more squares and decided on a joiner I will post something. I must say tho, I do like the texture of the stitch in a variegation. To date I have red/marroon, blue /brown, and purple/bluey greens. Here is the pile of variegations I am working from:

img71703rq.th.jpg

Yep I think I have completely lost it...:D

SO! Are we there yet??? I am dying to see the finished article.

for anyone that would like a looksee at my Monet, here you go. 4 more squares to go!

monet 1.jpg

Yellow? Really? I am so HORRIBLE with matching colors it's not even funny, I don't know how I ended up a woman!

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Okay folks, I need a drum roll please! I finished the Monet around 2 PM. LOL, I didn't even get dressed until after 1 because I wanted to finish it so much.

Okay, so here is what everyone's been waiting for. Pictures!

monet 2.jpg

monet 4.jpg

Archived