Scallop Jacket Pattern

I'm making this pattern:

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/product_list.html?criteria=scallop+jacket&cat_id=&brand_id=

The bottom 16 rows are to be this shell pattern, then you do the block pattern for 8 rows. Mine is turning out really short. I think I'm going to add more block rows. I wish I would have added more of the shell rows, but i don't want to frog it now.

Anyone else make this?

How would I add to the bottom of it? Wouldn't I have to rip out the 8 blocked rows to get back down to the shell rows?? I really don't want to do that!!

Also, I'm doing mine in all the same color. I'm not doing two tones.

I also thought for 99 cents that it was a great pattern! Let me know if anyone else makes it. I'd love to see how others have turned out.

I just noticed that the pattern is worked from the bottom up, I would guess. That would mean the foundation is the bottom of the sweater. For some scallopped blankets that I've made, I would make the blanket using the pattern, and the bottom would be straight. After I was finished, I then went back and made the bottom scallopped. I don't know if you could do the same with your pattern.

That is very pretty. Be sure and post a picture of it when you are done. Would love to see how it turns out. :hook

Another thing about this pattern which reminds me of an afghan that I made a long time ago. When I do rows of shells and then do rows that are like blocks, dc's in the top of the dc's in the shells....it seems to make those rows a little wider than the shell rows and it looks distorted. Like the pattern starts out one width and now it is slightly wider. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the finished project turns out.

Did any of you go out and purchase the pattern too? You could make yours along with me! :hook:lol

Anyone else making this yet? I know someone said they were going to buy the pattern too.

I've gotten one sleeve crocheted and I am going to do the other one today on my breaks at work. I hope to get the entire thing put together tonight. I hope to post pictures soon. I was too excited to wait to do the ruffle along the bottom. I did that last night. It really is pretty. If it doesn't fit, I might have to sell it.

Archived