Chiffon (rag) Doll pattern, so far. (testers found, pattern posted #28)

FelixLake

I can't wait to see this pattern as well! Your dolls are just stunning and I can't wait to try my hand at your pattern!

~Susan :queen

Busy Mama to:

Hannah :princess (9), Logan :2frog (7), Lance :dance (5), Hayden :teddy(3)

and the TWINkies Mason and Morgan (13 months) :ducky :ducky

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm going on vacation and doing a 2 day road trip to get there. We are leaving Wed night. I don't suppose it would be ready by then? LOL :blush

Ok everyone. Here it is!!!

It was done quickly so it's not as good as I'd like it to be (you have to go to the photo album to get pics, and there aren't as many as I will have eventually), but it's here: http://yarneverywhere.blogspot.com/

I hope everyone is able to access it and that you enjoy making her as much as I enjoyed thinking her up.

Beth

• 3 months later...
Hi --- Very nice crochet items you've made - may I ask if you used varigated yarn on the pretty pastel star afghan/blanket or changed colors to get that effect???

Thanks!

P.S. - What's pm'd??

Hi CG,

PM is short for "private message" and you can do send a message to another 'ville member here. If you click on their name in the upper left corner of their message on a board, a list opens up and should give you the option to message them along w/ a few other options. Hope this helps hun. :)

Sandy

Thanks for the wonderful comments. The Star was done by changing colors as I went.

Basically, you hold 2 strands of yarn together. Starting with 2 strands the same color. After a few rounds you change one strand to the next color leaving one strand the original. After a few rounds to change to both strands the second color.

example

Rnds 1 - 3 white & white

Rnds 4 - 6 white & peach

Rnds 7 - 9 peach & peach

etc...

Ohhhhhh, super kewl way to make the pretty pastel star afghan!! Did you use a pattern on it or make it up yourself??

Thanks too to the person who told me what pm'd is, afraid if I go back here to see who that was, I'll lose this screen or get goofed up somehow.

Thanks Again you 2 :~).

Hi, I am new to this board and I was going thru your album and I was very impressed with every thing that you have done. I too am interested in the Star Afghan, if it is your own pattern, would you please share and if it isn't, would you please tell me where to find it so I might be able to buy it?!?

Jerri

The star afghan was from a kit from Annies Attic, I think.

However, there are lots of star patterns that are free out there. I'm sure some are listed on this forum somewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting these cute dolls!! I have a couple of questions. About how much yarn total do you think it takes to make one? I'm on a scrap Christmas this year, but don't want to start with a color I'm likely to run out of. About how long should it take to make? I have two weeks to make everything for dh's family this year. He decided to go home after who knows how many years. LOL

• 2 months later...

thank you for sharing this pattern. I have been looking for something to make my mum and these are perfect. She had a holly hobbie doll when she was a girl. I say had because i "stole" it from her when i was younger and it is at my grandparents house now, all tattered and torn. She would love it if i were to replace it, lol

Archived