Plus sizes

I've kind of been keeping my eye on this thread. I'm a designer (usually toys and oddments) and in a massive effort this winter I made a sweater. It's in testing right now for the base size (my size, large, I have a 41" bust) and pending good results there I will be altering it for larger and smaller sizes.

Here is a pic of my sweater, more pics in an old blog post:

148947954_297cad4895_m.jpg

As you can see, the wrap style is both very flattering to the female form, and very adjustable. (If it weren't hotter than the inside of a...I dunno, something hot...here, I could still be wearing it at 6 months pregnant.)

What I am looking for are the measurements (bust and upper arm) of women who would actually be interested in making it, so I know the dimensions to use for it. If you pm me or post in this thread with your measurements, I can take them into account when adjusting.

And unfortunately, this will be a purchase pattern, but it represents a LOT of time, energy, and effort for me. Thanks for reading, ladies!

I saw the knitting book, too, and it looked great, but multiple attempts at knitting have failed. I seem to lack the coordination to manipulate the two needles!

I suck at knitting, too. However looking at it might give a person ideas. There are plenty of crochet books and sights out there that tell you how to construct a top, between that and the book most people should be able to figure something out.

Also there's the knitting to crochet book that might help convert the patterns:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157367124X/002-2212037-6256039?v=glance&n=283155

I personally hate those crocheted sweater books. I've seen them in the stores too and pretty much everything in them are ugly. Other's might like them though.

I bought a book today called COOLCROCHET 30 hot, fun designs to crochet and ware. The book is by Melissa Leapman. It has sizes Ex Small-Small-Medium-Large-Extra Large-Extra Extra Large-and Extra Extra Extra Large size patterns in it. Only about two are a One size fits all. :cheer:hook :dreaming :help I got it a Joanns Super store. There are some rally nice top patterns in it. Can't wait to try some but it will be a bit before I can. I have many other WIP.

Archived